Author Topic: HIC - If you want a HIC insurance quote, please read....  (Read 109453 times)

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: If you want a HIC insurance Quote, please read....
« Reply #30 on: 17 July 2007, 15:40 »
you are doing the right thing, always declare any modifications to the best of your knowledge.

With us, a stainless exhaust is unlikely to even make any difference to the premium.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline r1mills

• Just got here
« Reply #31 on: 18 July 2007, 10:30 »
got my quote from martin - was 40% cheaper than any other quote i have got with the same benefits.
definetly will be buying before my insurance runs out. Highly recommended. :)

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #32 on: 31 July 2007, 21:45 »
hi martin

do you remember doin my insurance for my mk2 vr

well i swapped it to my astra when the golf broke
but i want that really good price again you got me last time

im worried incase i phone up to swap it back onto the golf and the insurance goes sky high
the only modification is its a 2.9 now not a 2.8

cheers
rob

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #33 on: 31 July 2007, 22:31 »
got my quote from martin - was 40% cheaper than any other quote i have got with the same benefits.
definetly will be buying before my insurance runs out. Highly recommended. :)

no worries buddy  :smiley:

hi martin

do you remember doin my insurance for my mk2 vr

well i swapped it to my astra when the golf broke
but i want that really good price again you got me last time

im worried incase i phone up to swap it back onto the golf and the insurance goes sky high
the only modification is its a 2.9 now not a 2.8

cheers
rob

ok mate, pm me your number and i will give you a bell (i wont be able to do it cos i only do new policies but will get a few details then try to make sure someone in customer service sorts you out with a good deal

Offline VR6_ROB

• I live here
  • Mk2 VR6 / Corrado G60
« Reply #34 on: 02 August 2007, 20:03 »
i think my policy is almost paid could i not pay the excess
get the no claim off it and combine it with the 4 years i have doin nothing and start again fresh?

ill send my number next week as the cars quite not finished yet

SuperSaiyan4

« Reply #35 on: 19 September 2007, 11:08 »
Just a continuation of this thread really: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13233.0 now we have a specific insurance section allowing members to get quotes or advice straight from HIC!

The easiest and quickest way to get a quote is to run through a quote on our website here:  https://www.hertsinsurance.com/gtiredirect.html  Once you have done this, dont worry if the price it gives you is not competitive as there are other schemes and discounts i can offer that are not available online and make sure you store the quote by selecting come back later so then either PM me your name and number and i will call you or call the Golfgti.co.uk members direct line 08451 256 256. This will save time as i will already have all your details so can just double check them all and do you a deal!  :cool:

If you have any general insurance queries feel free to post em up in the insurance section and i will be happy to try and help!

Alternitively you can call HIC on a direct line for Golfgti.co.uk members only: 08451 256 256

If you dont wanna do either of the above you can enter your details here and someone will call you:

https://www.hertsinsurance.com/gti/callme.htm

Cheers

Hi,

I just rang them and I got a cheaper price with Admiral! £580 a year third party, fire and theft, with windscreen cover and personal injury. But since I could only afford to pay monthly it was around £790...But HIC wanted best price £750 upfront!

So where do I stand now then? I can still cancel with Admiral but I doubt HIC can do me a better price monthly...

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #36 on: 19 September 2007, 11:48 »
its a little hard to comment without knowing your details but if you want to email me your name/postcode & number or pm (when you get to 10 posts obviously) then i will happily take a look for you.

Did you ring us 1st or admiral? We will always try to match or beat your best rate but if you called us 1st then we can only quote whats on the screen.

We cant win em all though unfortunately  :wink:

SuperSaiyan4

« Reply #37 on: 19 September 2007, 12:11 »
I rang Admiral first and told them what price I got but well they couldn't match.

No worries I guess.

Offline Sgt Apone

• Not said much yet
« Reply #38 on: 25 September 2007, 18:22 »
Ok i used the pc get a quote route and filled in everything. first quote i got was for £550 something, then seen that was out right payment which ive no chance of doing. So i clicked deposit and 9 months DD and it went up too £660. Well ive had AA quote so far for 58.90 deposit and then £54.74 for 11months which ok is still alot but its so much easy for me to pay like that.  I can do like a 60 or 70 £ deposit but thats it really, ive even have the Voluntary excess on £500 for yours and them.  When i tried making ajustments to it on your site it then came up with we cant quote you please......so on.  I get this golf next week and i need to be covered but im starting to go mad now with this insurance quoting, is there anything else that can be done with your insurance group??

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #39 on: 26 September 2007, 10:33 »
as i said mate, there is a much better chance of getting you a better deal if you contact the office, our website needs updating - at the moment our website will only compare approx 20-30 schemes but in the office we can look at almost 200! Either give us a bell on the number in my sig or pm me your number and i will call you.

The only thing that may prove difficult is getting the deposit low enough as our underwriters usually want a deposit of around 20% of the premium so we would need to beat their rate by a fair bit but no harm in trying.