Author Topic: Stolen…. Kings Red CS45  (Read 9367 times)

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
Re: Stolen…. Kings Red CS45
« Reply #40 on: 13 June 2022, 13:30 »
So…. I test drove the M2 Competition, wow what a car!

The way it drives is phenomenal, obviously it was a dealer test drive so hardly “giving it the full beans”, but even on their standard route the car felt so nimble and responsive…. However!!! It has something missing and I believe it’s the interaction you get from a manual gearbox.  I know the DCT is quicker, but I really don’t care about straight line speed or 0-60 times I just want to enjoy driving.

Will I get a M2 competition?…. Probably, but not that one. I’m going manual whilst there’s still a choice.
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #41 on: 13 June 2022, 23:12 »
A neighbour of mine has an M2 Comp (at least I think it’s a comp, I know nothing about them) and it sounds fabulous.
Do they sell many in manual guise?
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #42 on: 14 June 2022, 07:39 »
No very few. I think because of that and we all know ICE cars are facing extinction, I expect the manuals to hold their value slightly better.

The BMW salesman was telling me that many of the M2s bought new were by people that don’t really know cars but just liked the looks, colours and could afford them, that’s why they sold so many autos, the original PCP deals were the same price for both so only the ‘purists’ bought manual. Similar story to the 7.5 golf R I suppose.

Out of approximately 130 M2 comps on autotrader, there’s about 20 manuals, but… I’m looking for orange, so there’s 3. I’m going to look at a private seller tomorrow, I know there’s risk, but the car sounds perfect condition and the guy sounds very decent. He’d rather wait for someone who will look after the car than have quick cash, so I’m looking in to finances. (Thanks TallPaul, big help).

I didn’t know much about M2s either, I’ve always liked a hot hatch. When talking to the private seller, I said I had a TVR when I was much younger, he said driving it is like a mature TVR, I 100% agree after the test drive. It’s very typical BMW in some ways, but because of short wheel base it feels so small and nimble.

Back to ICE… I’m an engineer and I like motorsport so I’ve been watching a few YouTube videos on what the future might look like, there’s hope yet with Hydrogen. For example, there’s a prototype rotary engine that spins at many thousand RPM (30k I think) and because of this it doesn’t need any seals.  I don’t see these making there way in to “normal” cars, but at least there’s hope for us to admire super cars and enjoy the likes of F1, remember when F1 went from V8 to V6? I was at silverstone both years during the change, much of the atmosphere was lost in 2014…. Just imagine what Electric F1 would be like 😔.
« Last Edit: 14 June 2022, 07:54 by Carl_45 »

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #43 on: 14 June 2022, 08:51 »
Try a manual before you buy one, I wasn't over impressed with the original M2 I drove (non comp).

The new generation of M2 is coming to the market soon a a few pre production reviews online. If you are looking at "investment" (?) this is due to be the last ICE M car and is available with a manual.

On fuelling, lets hope Porsche press on with their synthetic fuel program! :)

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #44 on: 14 June 2022, 10:57 »
Thanks for the advice, I’ll definitely try.

I know what you’re saying about the new model. I’ve seen the videos on YouTube too. Looks impressive!

But… I’m hoping to make some good out of this horrible situation and not have a final payment. I’m not massively driven by having the latest thing anymore and we’ve a third child on the way, so my car will already be just for me and school runs as we can’t get 5 in it. I did consider a M340i touring, but even then, if we have a big family car, why would we ever struggle in mine, my missus is not a car fan anyway, she already thought the akra on the 45 was “stupid”… wait till she hears if I get an M2 comp and fit a Remus axle back system 😬

My plan is something I can keep long term for 5k fun miles a year, I’d also like to start track days but a bit nervous about having (or not having) insurance etc. We already plan on changing the missus’ “family” car every 4 years and I’m thinking a Tiguan all space next.

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 14 June 2022, 13:06 »
Having done 100+ trackdays, I wouldn't even think about doing trackdays without insurance. Thankfully I have never needed to claim, but I have seen a few horrors over the years, maybe 50/50 is driver over exhuberance & the balance being hit by someone else!

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #46 on: 17 June 2022, 18:38 »
So…. I test drove the M2 Competition, wow what a car!

The way it drives is phenomenal, obviously it was a dealer test drive so hardly “giving it the full beans”, but even on their standard route the car felt so nimble and responsive…. However!!! It has something missing and I believe it’s the interaction you get from a manual gearbox.  I know the DCT is quicker, but I really don’t care about straight line speed or 0-60 times I just want to enjoy driving.

Will I get a M2 competition?…. Probably, but not that one. I’m going manual whilst there’s still a choice.
I had a 21 plate clubsport carl but with all the software issues I had I gave it back to vw and now driving a M2  and as you say what a car I’m loving it ..,! Far more expensive to run than the golf but what a car
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #47 on: 17 February 2023, 16:42 »
So…. Another part of my story….

Completely out of the blue, I got a signed delivery letter today. Turns out my car has been recovered and it’s in Liverpool. They got my details from the VIN.

After I called the insurance company, who were as useless now as at the time and don’t know exactly how to proceed :lipsrsealed:, I called the storage centre. It’s in immaculate condition, starts, it’s shiny and polished. They’ve even got the key.

I asked a few questions, it’s in perfect condition except…. It’s now black. It’s been professionally resprayed as they obviously didn’t approve of my colour choice.

The only thing I’m thinking is, this month the service light would have come on, I do wonder if some poor soul that bought it has taken it in and the VIN has flagged as stolen.… the saga continues…

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #48 on: 17 February 2023, 17:30 »
How weird! It will be interesting to see what does happen with the insurance, I bet it is causing them a real headache given the amount of time that has passed.

Do you think you’ll take the CS45 back, I assume it will be tagged as a Cat something even if it’s immaculate?
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 17 February 2023, 17:35 »
So…. Another part of my story….

Completely out of the blue, I got a signed delivery letter today. Turns out my car has been recovered and it’s in Liverpool. They got my details from the VIN.

After I called the insurance company, who were as useless now as at the time and don’t know exactly how to proceed :lipsrsealed:, I called the storage centre. It’s in immaculate condition, starts, it’s shiny and polished. They’ve even got the key.

I asked a few questions, it’s in perfect condition except…. It’s now black. It’s been professionally resprayed as they obviously didn’t approve of my colour choice.

The only thing I’m thinking is, this month the service light would have come on, I do wonder if some poor soul that bought it has taken it in and the VIN has flagged as stolen.… the saga continues…

Wow! The scumbags obviously thought it was worth in investing in a new paint job to try and disguise its origins / real identity and then sell it on to some poor unsuspecting punter.

Their plan backfired though.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl