Author Topic: Opinion’s on theses  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
Opinion’s on theses
« on: 06 January 2022, 18:12 »

Not sure what colour my clubby is dolphin grey   I’ve got black Pretoria’s on at the moment but I’m thinking black you just loose in the hole  (if that makes sense)
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: Opinion’s on theses
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2022, 18:45 »
For me, the design is a little fussy - they look very similar in design to the Vossen alloys that Volkswizard fitted to his mk8 GTI Clubsport. They’re also diamond cut, which for me would be a big no-no for the following reasons; poor durability of lacquer on diamond cut surface, susceptibility to white worm corrosion, usually can’t be refurbished more than twice, easily damaged by inexperienced tyre cutters. (Edit; Oops; tyre cutters should be tyre fitters! :grin:)

Just my opinion. It’s your car though so if you like them, buy them - assuming they’re available to fit the mk8 Golf with a sensible offset.
« Last Edit: 06 January 2022, 21:31 by SRGTD »
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Verve34

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2022, 18:56 »
For me, the design is a little fussy - they look very similar in design to the Vossen alloys that Volkswizard fitted to his mk8 GTI Clubsport. They’re also diamond cut, which for me would be a big no-no for the following reasons; poor durability of lacquer on diamond cut surface, susceptibility to white worm corrosion, usually can’t be refurbished more than twice, easily damaged by inexperienced tyre cutters.

Just my opinion. It’s your car though so if you like them, buy them - assuming they’re available to fit the mk8 Golf with a sensible offset.

Yeah I get that SRGTD  with a little fussy   Also my ocd with the cleaning would probably do my swede in  :tongue:  they do a silver or a gunmetal I think  the size is 19” 8.5  offset 45  so would be ok
67 Polo GTI Reflex Silver
19 Polo GTI+ Black
70  Golf GTI Performance Pure White
21 Golf Clubsport Dolphin Grey

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 06 January 2022, 19:57 »
Not really my cup of tea😬.

But each to their own 👍
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 January 2022, 21:01 »
I agree with everything SRGTD said.

I’ll add to that in that I spent the best years of my young life scrubbing fiddly BBS wheels with a small brush. Never again! Life’s too short.
Simple twin five spoke designs work very well on mk8’s and are much easier to clean.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2022, 21:37 »
Hi Verve34,  I can't add much to the other responses as I agree with them and have been through the whole wheel conundrum.   Too intricate for me and I would never, ever have diamond cut wheels - too expensive and not at all durable.

I agree with you on the black wheels - they get lost in the wheelarch/in the dark, so I would go with any other colour.  As least you'll be able to see what you've spent your money on.
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline valentino

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2022, 13:53 »
Far too much cleaning involved. Stick to plain and easyclean