Author Topic: Wishbone bushes.  (Read 1003 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Wishbone bushes.
« on: 02 January 2022, 11:36 »
I have an annoying creak which seems to be coming from the front suspension.

From what I've read its probably related to the rear wishbone bushes in the front wishbones.

Has anyone replaced there's with an uprated bush?? How do you find them regards how the steering feels and if its made the ride a bit harsh.

I know a few of you have fit the Clubsport S bush 5Q0 407 183F,  but I was thinking of fitting the TTRS bush which is a solid rubber bush with no voids at all 8S0 407 183B.
Anyone fitted these??

Thanks.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
Re: Wishbone bushes.
« Reply #1 on: 02 January 2022, 17:33 »
Yes - I fitted clubsport S / RS3 / TTS bushes and the steering feels much better than before. (Although even replacing with the same would have freshened things up). Has not affected comfort at all.

They are not quite solid rubber, but the voids are much smaller than OE.

The part number starting 5Q has been superseded and is now 81A 407 183 from VW. About £44 for both.

If the TTRS ones are solid rubber I would be tempted to use them, they will be less boneshaking than poly bushes.

I think you are local to me so could maybe meet up when the weather improves.
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Wishbone bushes.
« Reply #2 on: 02 January 2022, 18:22 »
Yes, I'm in Derby JMS.

I fitted R32 solid bushes to my MK2 gti years ago and didn't really notice any increase in noise or comfort at all, so I'm tempted to go with the solid TTRS bushes, I just don't want to make it too harsh as I'm on 19s too.

I'll price some up from TPS when I get back into work on Tuesday.

Comparison between stock and TTRS -

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.