Author Topic: Clubsport order thread  (Read 108384 times)

Offline Spinkerson

• Not said much yet
Re: Clubsport order thread
« Reply #440 on: 02 June 2022, 05:01 »
Yes mines been on order for 16 months then a clubsport and an r appear In local showroom. Obviously making the ones they are going to make money on first.

Offline Vinyl_Addict

• Not said much yet
« Reply #441 on: 14 June 2022, 15:48 »
My latest updated, I ordered June 2021 , car now showing as a MY23 and down as Q1 2023 Build  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: If it wasn't for the fact that their is a dolphin grey clubsport in my estate I would be starting to think this car doesn't exist.
Ordered June 2021: MK8 GTI Clubsport - Atlantic Blue

Offline mynameiskris

• Not said much yet
« Reply #442 on: 14 June 2022, 18:14 »
Just got word, mine left the factory today 🎉

Rory, have you had any more info on yours? I pick mine up on Friday, FINALLY.
Current:
2021/22 Golf GTI, Manual, Pure White, Adelaide, Winter Pack, Reverse Camera.

Offline RoryB

• Not said much yet
« Reply #443 on: 14 June 2022, 19:01 »
Just got word, mine left the factory today 🎉

Rory, have you had any more info on yours? I pick mine up on Friday, FINALLY.

Should arrive to the dealer any day now, picking up Friday July 1st, that will get me the new 222 plate here in Ireland.
Gone: Mk 5 GT Sport 140
Sticking around: Mk 7 GTD
Current: Mk 8 GTI Clubsport

Offline Jonny2021

• Not said much yet
« Reply #444 on: 16 June 2022, 00:39 »
I've had an update after chasing the dealer. Order date was August 2021 and i got told that build week had been recorded as wk10 2023. The sales guy said the build week might be brought forward a little but more likely to go back !

Is there actually an online log in where you're able to monitor the order or do we just have to rely on the dealers feedback ?

I heard there was a portal of some sort, but I also heard that it got taken down as it was causing more frustration from customers rather than positives !?

The dealer said, 'Trust me, the wait will be worth it - the car will be epic' which kinda gave me that warm feeling inside similar to a premium whisky does to ya !

Offline WelshGolf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #445 on: 16 June 2022, 08:43 »
I've had an update after chasing the dealer. Order date was August 2021 and i got told that build week had been recorded as wk10 2023. The sales guy said the build week might be brought forward a little but more likely to go back !

Is there actually an online log in where you're able to monitor the order or do we just have to rely on the dealers feedback ?

I heard there was a portal of some sort, but I also heard that it got taken down as it was causing more frustration from customers rather than positives !?

The dealer said, 'Trust me, the wait will be worth it - the car will be epic' which kinda gave me that warm feeling inside similar to a premium whisky does to ya !

They took it down so you have to ask the dealer. This has annoyed everyone as you are made to feel like a pain constantly asking the dealer for updates and the dealer has to deal with everyone asking them constantly! From what I can gather though the dealers don't have access to much information. They can see the estimated build date but that's about it. My dealer has had loads of cars suddenly appear at the docks when they didn't even know they were built.
Golf 7R - Gone
Golf 7.5 GTi - Gone
Golf 8 Clubsport - On order

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #446 on: 16 June 2022, 10:09 »

As @WelshGolf has said, the online tracker was taken down. Frustrated customers were seeing no movement on the tracker for the build progress of their cars, so were taking their frustration out on VW Customer Services.

When the tracker was working, it didn’t always show the correct up to date information. There have been a number of instances of forum members having collected their cars and the tracker was still showing them as being in transit to the UK from the factory.

My dealer has had loads of cars suddenly appear at the docks when they didn't even know they were built.

Seems that in the absence of the tracker, things aren’t any better in terms of dealers having access to accurate up to date information :grin:. If VW aren’t keeping the dealers informed, then what hope is there for a customer finding out what’s going on with their car’s build progress?

IMHO VW have never been good at providing accurate, timely information :whistle:.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline TopsGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #447 on: 16 June 2022, 10:53 »
I was speaking with the delivery coordinator at my supplying dealership yesterday. He seems to think that because some of the cars are being part built and then parked up, the Wolfsburg system isn't configured to recognise this, hence some cars are disappearing from their radar and then turning up at the dealership unannounced. He also said when the vehicles disappear during build they have eventually arrived anywhere between 2 weeks to 2 months later.
It seems that the majority of dealers are also experiencing very poor communication from factory and can only offer very rough delivery estimations based on what they are seeing at their end.
Additionally the unconfirmed build dates are frequently moving back and forth as they set up for the MY23 changes. There appears to be more positive signs now on the semiconductor front and VW also appears to have fully addressed the wiring harness supply issues for now.
This time last week I was almost ready to pull the plug on my May 21 Golf r order as it had slipped again towards year end with the possibility of rolling over into 2023. Yesterday however I received a phonecall that my order has now been assigned a confirmed build slot in Week 29. Hopefully as the shift to MY23 kicks off we will start seeing a flurry of confirmed build weeks coming through 🤞

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #448 on: 17 June 2022, 08:28 »
I assume you mean a new or nearly new i30N, which only launched about a year ago.  The earlier model was manual only so it would have to be that if you want an auto.

I don't know if the new model i30N is much cheaper than a CS, but it's thirstier and, IMO, the second choice.   It comes down to price and value for money in the end and I appreciate everyone's opinion of VFM will differ.

As for a new i30N, are their delivery times any better than the CS or GTi?

Good luck with whatever you choose!   It's not an easy decision.  I'm a year in to my 3 year CS lease, and I'll face the same dilemma  as you in about 6 months.   At the moment I'm thinking a used well specced Mk8 (not CS) or a used new model Auto i30N (just for a change)
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #449 on: 17 June 2022, 09:56 »
I assume you mean a new or nearly new i30N, which only launched about a year ago.  The earlier model was manual only so it would have to be that if you want an auto.

I don't know if the new model i30N is much cheaper than a CS, but it's thirstier and, IMO, the second choice.   It comes down to price and value for money in the end and I appreciate everyone's opinion of VFM will differ.

As for a new i30N, are their delivery times any better than the CS or GTi?

Good luck with whatever you choose!   It's not an easy decision.  I'm a year in to my 3 year CS lease, and I'll face the same dilemma  as you in about 6 months.   At the moment I'm thinking a used well specced Mk8 (not CS) or a used new model Auto i30N (just for a change)

Have a BMW 128Ti on order, supposedly arriving in October (still being told that's the case) Its a lease, and only put £1000 of options on it as its very well specified for all things need, so came in around £35000 which is nearly £3000 cheaper than lease cost for the TCR in 2019.

Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC