Author Topic: New owner queries!  (Read 502 times)

Offline GE90

• Not said much yet
New owner queries!
« on: 18 March 2024, 19:00 »
I would be grateful for input with a few queries please.

I keep getting a notification on the home screen, and when I check it always says the same thing - Digital Manual Update Completed. Every time I use the car this appears - any ideas?

Another message I get every time is - Data transfer is currently set to:"Share my Position". You can find out what this setting entails and how you can change it in the control centre. Any thoughts what this relates to please?

When I set up my profile I kipped quite a few selections - how can I revisit this?

Can a shortcut to Apple CarPlay connection be created?

Anyone else noticed the indicators being loud?!

Does genuine VCDS work well now? Disable stop start, scan for codes etc?

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: New owner queries!
« Reply #1 on: 18 March 2024, 19:12 »
You can't disable start stop... Only turn it off each time. Either press the menu option or stick the gearbox into S.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline GE90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 18 March 2024, 19:27 »
You can't disable start stop... Only turn it off each time. Either press the menu option or stick the gearbox into S.

Thanks - I was hoping there was a VCDS tweak by now  :sad:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 19 March 2024, 09:21 »

Thanks - I was hoping there was a VCDS tweak by now  :sad:

No VW have made it impossible to mess with...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 19 March 2024, 09:22 »
Oh and yes you can create a shortcut to appconnect on the shortcut menus.

Although to be honest, once its connected it will reconnect every time you get in the car.

If you share your car with someone else, give them the other key and then it will use user profiles to connect their phone instead once they have connected it once.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 19 March 2024, 15:56 »
The seemingly random messages on the infotainment screen disappear once you’ve registered with the VW app, the background updates have finished and your privacy settings have been stored.
You might have to go through a few things to make sure everything is saved and you’re fully registered as primary user.
When I had my first mk8 it was a bit of a faff but most things transferred over to the subsequent car with no dramas. My first car was an early model with less stable software but once everything settled it was ok. The late 2023 car seems fine so far touch wood.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner