Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 86475 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #740 on: 29 March 2023, 20:47 »
Yes there are rumours of a mandatory recall on the steering wheel... but I thought it was 20/21 cars only...

Hopefully they won’t handle it the same way as engine covers.
Remove.
Throw in skip.
Add name to black hole waiting list.
Return the car to owner minus the part…

😁
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #741 on: 29 March 2023, 20:50 »
I have just bought a Sept 2021 CS45 after 6 months in a Mk8 GTI.

Also, the dealer has ordered a new steering wheel due to recall....anyone had the same?

Cheers Mark

Marshall Bridgwater?

You’ll probably be drawing your pension by the time the steering wheel arrives
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline oryxgolfr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #742 on: 30 March 2023, 04:51 »
Thanks for the responses.  New steering wheel is the counter the Emergency Front Assist light pinging. Something my current car does occasionally, as stop switch off and restart usually remedies that.  My current May 21 GTi was in Marshall’s Teading for 4 days having “software update”.  Still not working.  Screen goes weird when using CarPlay/Google Maps.  A quick switch of the “clima” button sorts that but it is starting to grate. 

I am under no illusion the infotainment will be problematic but I’ve had challenges in the past where VW have been involved.  You have keep kicking them and eventually they comply. 

Here is my current SW version:

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #743 on: 30 March 2023, 07:00 »
Yes there are rumours of a mandatory recall on the steering wheel... but I thought it was 20/21 cars only...

If you’ve got an outstanding mandatory recall, won’t it show if you put your number plate into the DVLA MOT check website? 
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #744 on: 30 March 2023, 08:38 »

If you’ve got an outstanding mandatory recall, won’t it show if you put your number plate into the DVLA MOT check website?

Yes it should...if VW UK have issued it yet. I've looked, its not there.

The rumours I've seen are elsewhere in Europe at the moment and include them taking the vehicle in until the part is available...

Which will probably cause me to totally throw teddy out of the pram.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
« Reply #745 on: 30 March 2023, 13:24 »
If they take my CS and give me an R with a new steering wheel and I won't complain.   

Give me a 1.0 TSI Life on the other hand and.........!
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #746 on: 30 March 2023, 15:03 »
If they take my CS and give me an R with a new steering wheel and I won't complain.   

Give me a 1.0 TSI Life on the other hand and.........!

Chances of getting a loaner at all I'd suggest were pretty much zero if they are pulling all Mk8's back in.

Not even an Up 1.0
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline oryxgolfr

• Not said much yet
« Reply #747 on: 30 March 2023, 23:47 »
Having just bought the car, had checks done and to be told I needed a new steering….on 4-6 weeks leadtime, I threw my teddy.  They said not to worry as I could still drive the car. 

The more I think about it, the more I think why did I get another 2021 car!!  I’ll report back as collecting tomorrow and have 2 hour drive home to shake down the faults.   

EDIT:

So I collected the car today.  I am flabbergasted as to how different it feels to the Std GTI traded in.  The ride and handling is very very different.  To me it was like trading in my Mk7 R for a 7.5R....the same car but so so different.

The infotainment is of a higher version and after 2.5 hours driving home the system behaved itself.  The only bong was a cornering light needs to be sorted....cleared any faults with OBDeleven...there were only 8.....eachtime I did it on the old car it was circa. 20....even straight after it had been to the dealers.

The Akrapovic pops and bangs kept me amused in the traffic.

This is what the GTI should be.   Sorry if I sound gushy but I had issues with the Std GTI...... :sad:

I only bought it in September 2021 from Anthony Motors, a VW dealer in Aberystwyth.  AVOID, AVOID, AVOID.  They are an independent VW dealer, not a chain and they sold me a 16-month-old car, which I subsequently found had had 6, yes 6 previous owners before me and had replica Adelaide alloys rather the OEM-VW wheels.  They did nothing to fix the problem for me other than get their solicitor to send me a very weak but threatening letter saying I would lose any legal action with them.

Anyways, I LOVE my (nearly) new CS45. :cool:

Here is the new:

versus the old:

New car software post update:

oh....and:

« Last Edit: 01 April 2023, 19:04 by oryxgolfr »

Offline Carl_45

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #748 on: 22 June 2023, 09:25 »
In case anybody comes here just before buying, they forgot to put stolen/written off/recovered on this autotrader ad, which I think is a little naughty….

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306198708255
Current: Clubsport 45, Kings Red, DCC, HK, Winter Pack

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #749 on: 22 June 2023, 10:38 »
In case anybody comes here just before buying, they forgot to put stolen/written off/recovered on this autotrader ad, which I think is a little naughty….

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306198708255

Presumably that was your stolen car Carl. If so, then I agree, it’s rather naughty not declaring it’s a stolen recovered car.

I see it passed an ‘ownership and history’ check. One of the five items checked was that it’s not recorded as stolen. So does that mean even though it was stolen while you owned it, once the insurance claim for the theft has been settled, is it no longer recorded / classified as stolen on whatever data source has been used for vehicle history check, so it passes the check? If that’s how it works, it makes you question the value of these history checks.

Seller is a private seller; I wonder if they were aware of the car’s history when they bought it. If they weren’t and they’ve subsequently found out it was a previously stolen/recovered car, maybe that’s why they’re selling it.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl