Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 84864 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #500 on: 23 January 2022, 15:10 »
Oh I really like them! Thanks for posting.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #501 on: 23 January 2022, 16:07 »
I like them. They don’t look too much even, if you know what I mean. Cheers for putting them up.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #502 on: 23 January 2022, 16:10 »
I think when I saw them on the VW GTI genuine merchandise brochure they looked pretty tidy and were cheaper than some of the adverts I had seen on eBay with non genuine items.
GTI Bracket for number plate - 2 pieces
Product code: 5HV087703A £14.00

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #503 on: 23 January 2022, 16:14 »
As an aside I haven’t done many miles in it yet but it’s simply such a nice car and getting used to the pro nav and driver assist systems has been easier now since I went back to the dealer and the salesman showed me some nifty tricks and things. The looks I get (without sounding poser ish) with the car as well shows it to be something completely different from other performance VW’s on the road. Just scared to part it anywhere though because of others lack of car when they park there cars that’s the downside  :sad:

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #504 on: 23 January 2022, 16:18 »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #505 on: 23 January 2022, 17:57 »
What a beauty!

Worth the wait I reckon!  :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Domster

• Not said much yet
  • Golf GTI Edition 45 in White
« Reply #506 on: 23 January 2022, 18:54 »
Must admit I have come back to the car in town with people looking around it. Normally a conversation with whoever is looking follows asking me all about it. Does make you feel good I suppose and why you spend extra on the anniversary models. Certainly not many on the road so when people see them they tend to look. Plus the white and grey models really do hit the spot in my opinion.

I was talking to the dealer who sold me mine and they only got 1 x 45 so think they will be desirable in time.

My 4 months of driving it I love it, really well built and performance is really good. Would I change anything….well yes I would. My car does not have DCC so the ride is ultra on the firm side all the time and i can’t dial it out for longer trips. I also find that the tyres can’t grip when dumping power onto a wet surface. Literally feather the gas and wheels are spinning like mad. Golf R drivers don’t have that issue. That said dry road and less weight really means it flies once your up and running and feels far nimbler than the R’s I have drove.

Out of interest has anyone else noticed the AKRO takes a while to get going? Maybe it’s just me, but mine takes 5 mins or so before it starts to pop and crackle. Sport Mode gets it there a bit quicker mind.

O and if anyone is wondering (which you’re probably not as it’s a sports car) I had 40mpg on a run up to Leeds in it. Had it in eco mode for a while, but was impressed with that.

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #507 on: 23 January 2022, 19:13 »

Stunning!

Even with my standard GTi (feel like the poor cousin in this chat), the amount of people that stop to look at it often. The amount of times I have come back to the car and my Mrs has been sat waiting for me and said ‘you have just had someone walk round your car again’ is crazy. I mean, there must be swarms of people round yours looking like that!
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #508 on: 23 January 2022, 19:24 »
Is anyone able to advise if there is the possibility tp buy a vehicle that's on a PCH from the lease/finance provider?

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #509 on: 23 January 2022, 19:56 »
Is anyone able to advise if there is the possibility tp buy a vehicle that's on a PCH from the lease/finance provider?

Yes it's possible. Although you'd need to contact the lease company and they are not obliged to sell.
7.5 GTD