Author Topic: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress  (Read 85346 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: Clubsport 45s ordered and delivery progress
« Reply #480 on: 09 January 2022, 23:14 »
He has said Waze on the main screen and nav in the cluster. Not Waze in the cluster.
7.5 GTD

Offline Boothy1979

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #481 on: 09 January 2022, 23:31 »
Ah fair enough. Don’t really use Waze so would never need to have that on at the same time as the normal Nav. Shame they haven’t allowed Google maps on the cluster like other newer cars are allowing it. Still baffles me why car companies waste money on their own Nav systems anymore. Cheers for the correction on it anyway.
Current car: Manual MK8 GTI 245, Deep black pearl.
Ordered: DSG MK8 Clubsport, DCC, Pure white.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #482 on: 10 January 2022, 00:06 »
I'd also like Google maps in the cluster, never really got on with Waze.

But Google maps (traffic) on the main screen and VW nav in the cluster works OK for me.
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #483 on: 10 January 2022, 08:25 »
I'd like Google or waze to be able to use the hud... Like it can on others...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #484 on: 10 January 2022, 08:45 »
So collected the car Christmas Eve and the weather has been appalling ever since but I’ve managed to get some pictures for you guys. So much technology on the car and everyone that sees it loves it. It looks and drives stunning. The rear view camera that was missed by the factory has arrived and is being fitted this week. The dealer explained they were only allowed one of the ED45 car and the time frame for the orders was so tight which I was the lucky one.

Very nice, same colour as mine, looking forward to it now! Could I trouble you for a picture of the front mats, I understand that they have a rubber GTI logo on the edge?

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #485 on: 10 January 2022, 11:29 »
You’re right the mates are nice and they do have a rubber GTi logo attached to the side of them. I can see if that if you are not careful it will rip off. I will include some photos.

As an aside does anyone on the forum have any recommendations for door sill protection. Something not too tacky so to speak??

VW_Golf_nut

« Reply #487 on: 10 January 2022, 11:44 »
You’re right the mates are nice and they do have a rubber GTi logo attached to the side of them. I can see if that if you are not careful it will rip off. I will include some photos.

As an aside does anyone on the forum have any recommendations for door sill protection. Something not too tacky so to speak??

Thank you.

I am currently in the process of obtaining costs on getting a custom door plate made from brushed stainless steel with engraved GTI logo painted in red....Standby :) Those with Edition 40s will relate to how these look...

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #488 on: 12 January 2022, 23:22 »

Looks great but is the passenger side headlight sticking out where it meets the wing? You can see a shadow in the photo. Also the bonnet looks too low on the drivers side corner next to the headlight
« Last Edit: 12 January 2022, 23:23 by ajmoir36 »
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline MaggotsRus

• Not said much yet
« Reply #489 on: 13 January 2022, 21:57 »
So the lights are perfect you made me look and panic once you said that, but they are all good and aligned equally within the wings areas on each side. I had the rear view camera fitted yesterday and the vehicle was in VW today to get the car booked in for the software updated for the camera. I had noticed the bonnet on that side and it’s going in for that slight adjustment at the same time. Had a better input from the salesman today on the infotainment system on the pro nav as well. Thanks for your observations though.