Author Topic: Headlight Range - Adjustment  (Read 40267 times)

Offline Eccie

• Here all the time
  • Keyless & Penniless
Re: Headlight Range - Adjustment
« Reply #10 on: 18 December 2015, 15:45 »
I find the range on mine really good, my wife actually thought i had the full beam on. They do seem to blind other drivers though, I have had a few people pull over to let me past because of it.

They sound like they maybe aimed too high

Offline Juicetin

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11 on: 18 December 2015, 15:57 »
Mine were the same, aiming too high as standard and kept getting flashed, whilst I was at the dealer for something else I had them adjust them...the result they were way too low and only shone about 10 feet in front of the car!

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #12 on: 18 December 2015, 18:32 »
Mine were the same, aiming too high as standard and kept getting flashed, whilst I was at the dealer for something else I had them adjust them...the result they were way too low and only shone about 10 feet in front of the car!

Wait until you're driving down an unlit country lane and can't used main beam - it's downright bloody dangerous lol!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Mike J

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 16 November 2016, 07:52 »
Interesting to note that on a German built car the turn direction moulded on the fitting is in English  :huh:

From the way my new car was set up I reckon the PDI/production team use a default setting for four passengers and luggage.

Offline falconmick

• GTI forum regular
  • Golf MK7 R
« Reply #14 on: 07 February 2017, 20:13 »
Thanks for this 'old' thread, just adjusted mine up 4 turns and what a difference, lights up road ahead on dipped beam and no complaints from oncoming drivers.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #15 on: 30 September 2017, 17:13 »
Pictures are not showing :(
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #16 on: 01 October 2017, 04:27 »

Click on the picture to open it in a new tab.  Then right click on that and select "open in new tab".  The 2nd new tab will show the picture.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #17 on: 09 October 2017, 23:44 »

Click on the picture to open it in a new tab.  Then right click on that and select "open in new tab".  The 2nd new tab will show the picture.

Top stuff,  Thank you :)
MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #18 on: 09 October 2018, 14:26 »
As an aside and admittedly dragging up quite an old thread but I also found that coding the foglights to come on with high beam makes driving down unlit country lanes so much better as the fogs light up the verges.

This was after adjusting the headlights (after lowering the suspension) with the above method.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #19 on: 09 October 2018, 20:18 »
I actually adjusted mine up a couple of nights ago, although 1 and half turns seemed sufficient. I do like the idea of putting the fogs on with the main beam as well. Will look at doing this.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.