Author Topic: GT TDI to GTD Bumper Swap  (Read 4307 times)

Offline DJPearson90

• Just got here
GT TDI to GTD Bumper Swap
« on: 16 August 2015, 15:49 »
First time poster, so bear with...

Ive seen on here a thread where a guy swapped his GT TDI front bumper for a GTI one. Im looking at doing the same with a GTI/D one, after some tit put a decent crack over the nearside fog. I was looking at doing this at some point anyway, but now my car looks crap.

Ive been searching glorious eBay and found a few kits with the bumper, grilles and fog mounts and wiring, and at decent prices.

Now, asking VW direct and asking all the sellers I could potentially buy the bumper off of on eBay wheather a GTI/D bumper would fit my GT TDI. VW just said no (was expecting that) and the after market sellers said it would probably fit or 'high chances' of it fitting.

I dont understand what could be so different between the two types of bumpers, are the mounting points completely different? Whats the issue with swapping them over? I thought the only real tricky bit would be the new fog light wiring, but surely theres a fix.

Any thoughts, please let me know. I did post on the thread I found, but no one replied  :cry: thought I'd just make my own.

Thanks in advance
Dan
« Last Edit: 16 August 2015, 16:48 by DJPearson90 »