Author Topic: Dom's MK5 Gti - New Wheels  (Read 43146 times)

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Dom's new car - Mk5 content
« Reply #10 on: 06 July 2014, 23:19 »
Surprised you haven't tried to wash if yet  :grin: looks brilliant though!

Honestly doesn't need it! Previous owner machine polished it few weeks ago and gave it a clean yesterday so it's nice and shiny!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #11 on: 06 July 2014, 23:22 »
I love red cars. I've seen a nice BMW in a garage in Birmingham. It definitely won't be around for long but I don't fancy the 80 mile drive, plus am at work all week. And to top it all off, the DVLA haven't returned my V5 yet  :sad:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #12 on: 06 July 2014, 23:24 »
I'm not even a fan of red cars but that does look rather smart. Bring on the mods!! :laugh:

Offline wilmott1980

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 07 July 2014, 10:02 »
Glad you're enjoying it dom. I'm so glad its gone to a good home and will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread.

But for me the gti has now gone i will have to start project family wagon. :wink: :whistle:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #14 on: 07 July 2014, 12:10 »
Glad you're enjoying it dom. I'm so glad its gone to a good home and will certainly be keeping an eye on this thread.

But for me the gti has now gone i will have to start project family wagon. :wink: :whistle:

I've ordered the wire I need to sort out the cruise control, can you get to the steering control module without removing the steering wheel?

The family wagon is a pretty good base anyway as far as cars like that go!

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #15 on: 07 July 2014, 13:46 »
Very nice Dom seen it on Ebay looks a really clean example and they look awesome in Red nearly as good as United grey  :smug: joking aside nice step up from the mk4 as they are a all round better car look forward to you making it your own mate  :wink:

Golf Gti

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 07 July 2014, 19:35 »
Thought it looked familiar, then saw the sale thread!  If I'd seen it before I would have checked it over for you Dom, not that it really needed it by the sound of it.  Looks a cracker, good luck and happy motoring with it mate.  :cool:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #17 on: 07 July 2014, 21:56 »
Thought it looked familiar, then saw the sale thread!  If I'd seen it before I would have checked it over for you Dom, not that it really needed it by the sound of it.  Looks a cracker, good luck and happy motoring with it mate.  :cool:

Cheers mate :afro:

Adam offered to take a look but couldn't see it until tonight, I'm pretty sure it would have sold by now if I didn't stick a deposit down on it!

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #18 on: 07 July 2014, 22:21 »
Did a couple of other bits on this earlier, the alarm horn doesn't work so I need to get another one ordered.

When the Mk6 steering wheel was fitted Lee fitted a cruise control stalk at the same time but forgot to fit the ECU wire so I've got one on ordered and took the trim off ready to fit and then code it:

I also took one of the tailpipes off to clean, refitted it so it sticks out a little less:

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #19 on: 10 July 2014, 18:38 »
The MK5 is looking a bit scared of the ground next to the MK4 :grin:

Got the exhaust sitting how I want it, I'm debating getting some GT100 tips to replace the current ones. I have them on the MK4 and prefer the look of them.

I also fitted the diagnostics wire from the steering wheel module to the ecu and coded in the cruise control :cool: