Author Topic: HOW TO: Repair the rear wash wiper hose  (Read 51968 times)

Offline damian43

• Just got here
Re: HOW TO: Repair the rear wash wiper hose
« Reply #10 on: 24 January 2019, 14:44 »
Hi,

Sorry for bringing this post back up but I have exactly the same issue and which has additionally took out the aerials (hopefully just the c-pillar connection block getting saturated).

I just wanted to check a couple of things.

I think the crappy VW pipework has a 5mm internal diameter, so any replacement should be with 4.8mm pretty much like for like.

Does anyone know the rough length of pipe needed from the c-pillar connection to the third brake light. I think it is about 0.9m, so a 1m length if replacement pipe should be sufficient.

I've seen Tygon 2375 tubing mentioned which is about £20 for a 1 metre length but then there is some Ring Automotive clear nylon tubing just a few quid. I know there are some alcohols in screenwash but wondered whether when diluted, a cheaper pipe will be able to handle it.

Finally, why is there partial wrapping of fabric tape around the hose. I thought it was for thermal wrapping but it is not a compete wrap. My only thoughts were as sound insulation and to stop it tapping against any matal work.

The guide is really helpful, any thoughts of anyone who has done this job would be appreciated.

Need my radio back working...

Thanks,

Damian