Author Topic: losing water out of overflow  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Mk2_tel

• Here all the time
losing water out of overflow
« on: 01 June 2012, 20:03 »
hello all i seem to be losing water out of my overflow. i have taken my bottle off to look for a leak. and i have aload of rusty water down the overflow and under the bottle. my temp stays at 90 and it takes a good 2-3 days before i have to top my water up. when i took the bottle off i had water flowing out of noth pipes so guessing there not blocked.
also why dies the water look so rusty i have some new g12 stuff to top up cheers

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
Re: losing water out of overflow
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2012, 20:36 »
rusty water is possibly from the rad. i hate to say this but i had the problem of loosing water through the overflow and it turned out to be head gasket. do you have any smoke or anything in the coolant?does the heatr go cold when you get your toe down or do the water hoses go quite hard with presure?
i think i love you.....

Offline Mk2_tel

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2012, 21:19 »
put my toe down? i dont get any cold air or any smoke and my water looks fine and my oil looks fine also mate

Offline EsSeX dAn

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 02 June 2012, 00:20 »
when you floor it i meant. when mine went there were no other symptoms, not even the sniff test diagnosed it.it went between the cylinder bore and the water way so it overpressurised the coolant system and blew it out the overflow, also it made the waterpipes pressurise and go quite hard until the head tank lid was cracked then there was a massive rush of air
i think i love you.....