Author Topic: pick your brains  (Read 1016 times)

Offline jonno72

• Just got here
pick your brains
« on: 06 January 2012, 15:57 »
Hi, i'm farely new here and don't post much but today i need your advice on a couple of small but irretating issues with my pd150.
Firstly i have had the car over a year now and i know it well and do all the work on it myself and maintain it regardless of cost ( if i can afford it) it is coming up to 120,000 miles but still pulls like a train,  :smiley: the only modes are an Allard EGR delete pipe, a de-cat pipe and a K&N air filter element in standard airbox.
My issues are, that whether warm or cold my idle has started to be fluctuate up and down a little and my temp guage seems to randomly go from 90ish degrees, drops to zero for a few seconds then goes back to normal?
I have'nt yet had the car checked for any fault codes and i have just cleaned my MAF with some good electrical contact cleaner, which has'nt seemed to make any difference.
Can anyone suggest anything? are these faults related?
Any advice would be appreciated before i end up throwing some money at it, cheers.  :wink:

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: pick your brains
« Reply #1 on: 06 January 2012, 16:12 »
Hi,

Really need to get it scanned with vag-com or a fault code reader.
Sounds like the Temp sender
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline jonno72

• Just got here
Re: pick your brains
« Reply #2 on: 06 January 2012, 16:25 »
Yeah thought so, ok cheers for your reply  :wink: