Author Topic: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..  (Read 19682 times)

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Re: My Mk4 Gt-tdi..
« Reply #10 on: 28 August 2011, 19:20 »
Tryed the comps on and as you can see they look lost  :grin:  reason I think 18" are in order..

Think it will look fine with some coilovers on. I haven't seen many in this colour looks really good! What the colour called?

Offline archie837

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 28 August 2011, 20:48 »
General rule on the edition mk4 thread is noohing smaller than a 17. Always think the merc amg 5 holes loom good on these.

Also be interested in how it goes as I keep looking for a darkpumper, but kept looking at the pd130,s which were a shed load more to buy.
Project longterm Airbanger.
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=163335.0

PD150 Anni daily

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #12 on: 28 August 2011, 21:01 »
The TT Comps would look ok with better / correct size tyres. :afro:

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #13 on: 28 August 2011, 21:48 »
Im not sure of the colour but it is one of the reasons I bought it even though it needs a few bits paint wise.The wheels would suit it more if it was lowered and as Wayne said bigger tyres but I need to draw back as much money for my mk3 and ive decided to leave them on that as they suit it well and a good selling point on the car.I am trying to buy some genuine Audi RS6 alloys which im hopeing wont make lots of money but ill have to see.Today though I did do my first mod  :grin: the heater control panel was a bit tatty so I tryed some carbon wrap on it and it didnt come out to bad lol.Ive also ordered a new set of inside door handles as mine are scratched etc.Im gonna throw some heat at the rear spoiler tomorrow see if I get any movement lol.Still loads to do but I do enjoy it tbh I was also shocked at how much my tax was for 12 months £125 that really pleased me  and she is averaging round town about 46 to 48 mpg  :cool: thanks for the comments and a few piccys still havent washed it  :grin:

Waiting on my new door strips to be painted and then fitted on the drivers side.

Golf Gti

Offline gm8

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 28 August 2011, 21:53 »
The colour is Anthracite Blue (lc7v code) great colour :)

heres mine on 18" LMs , lowered about 50mm

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #15 on: 28 August 2011, 22:05 »
That looks mint mate love the wheels sits nice?Did you have to do anything with the anti roll bar as im not sure how low you can go with out messing with the arb on mk4s.Love it though nice motor  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline gm8

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 28 August 2011, 22:06 »
It was lowered when I got it m8 , its on coilovers , but i have had no issues

Offline tdi_blu

• I live here
  • Golf Gti & T4 2.5 tdi
« Reply #17 on: 28 August 2011, 22:16 »
That height looks spot on I think thats the kinda height ill go for and thanks for the name of the colour  :wink:
Golf Gti

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #18 on: 28 August 2011, 23:27 »
Did you have to do anything with the anti roll bar as im not sure how low you can go with out messing with the arb on mk4s.

Around 45mm then you need adjustable droplinks.

Offline scottv6

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 29 August 2011, 08:36 »
Did you have to do anything with the anti roll bar as im not sure how low you can go with out messing with the arb on mk4s.

Around 45mm then you need adjustable droplinks.

i never used adjustable droplinks on my 4mo and it was looooow  :grin: