Author Topic: Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo  (Read 223577 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD
« Reply #80 on: 07 January 2011, 21:26 »
thats why i stated when are you wanting it done lol

well my respray has cost me £70 and i shall pay no more :D

i supose as long as you can keep rust at bay you will be fine and doin any prep your self is always better than nothing aslong as its good as you no preps everything paint is only make up :)

:shocked: £70... That's more than what I've paid for what I've done so far... But then i know the labour at a sprayers is expensive.  Best quote I've had was something like 800.   :sad: but then I know 70 is just your materials, not your time and effort.

My prep would probably go as far as being confident that the car is 100 straight, no dents etc and i certainly wouldn't want to go down the bare metal route as I know that is pointless unless the car is a rot box, which mine isn't...  You may have to pm me and let me know if this could be a serious idea, me taking it to you one day and how much for what etc...

I could come to Norwich for a short break with some family or something while its painted.  :grin:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #81 on: 07 January 2011, 21:43 »
yeah £70 is just materials thats my + side as i can do all my own prepp :D

wel have to sort something out nearer the time of you actualy wantin it done as i dont no how busy il be or what project il have at the time lol ;) split screen campers seem the way forward at the minute :P

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #82 on: 07 January 2011, 21:59 »
yeah £70 is just materials thats my + side as i can do all my own prepp :D

wel have to sort something out nearer the time of you actualy wantin it done as i dont no how busy il be or what project il have at the time lol ;) split screen campers seem the way forward at the minute :P

Cool well make sure you stick around then.... If you can do a good price, say nowhere near 800 quid then maybe sooner rather than later.  :cool:

And yeah! Campers rule, something else I would love to own... I'm just going to end up hating you aren't I....  :laugh:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #83 on: 07 January 2011, 22:02 »
 :cool: il be sticking around

lmao shaun such kind words haha did you see the pics off the splitty my boss is doin :O ( on the button )

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #84 on: 07 January 2011, 22:06 »
:cool: il be sticking around

lmao shaun such kind words haha did you see the pics off the splitty my boss is doin :O ( on the button )

No... Where are they?

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #85 on: 07 January 2011, 22:20 »
havent realy got many pictures but this got turned around in 4 months

befor

after not quite finished

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #86 on: 07 January 2011, 22:23 »
and trust me when i say this thing was shagged no floor and just full of rot

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #87 on: 07 January 2011, 22:32 »
and trust me when i say this thing was shagged no floor and just full of rot

That's awesome!.... I believe you, most of them get that way sadly... Nice to know this one is being sorted.

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #88 on: 08 January 2011, 15:26 »
finished product  :cool:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #89 on: 12 January 2011, 23:23 »
made a start on my doors well one of them i chose the most worst one for rust and rot ect

managed to strip the door down and cut out all the rot and rust the doors are so wobbly and dented so fingers crossed all will go okay :)

so this is what i have to play with :)

wobbly dented door ... picture doesent realy tell much but its fairly bad to be honast

PILE

and no more rust / rot :)

next is to shot blast around and in were i have cut away rust then make templates up and get it patched up :) then the rest is easy :)

i will not be updating you on the 3 other doors as il be doin step bye step update on this door so seems pretty pointless with the others shall let you no how its all goin with them tho :) and will post a final picture off them all when done :)