Author Topic: Afternoon folks, another newbie here  (Read 7365 times)

Offline eyeletboy

• Here all the time
Re: Afternoon folks, another newbie here
« Reply #10 on: 13 January 2005, 17:18 »
i think i seen your cab at the margam park show last year?i'm sure it was yours?it's a cracker by the way. :smiley:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
  • Champions of Europe,ooh ,just the five times then!
« Reply #11 on: 13 January 2005, 17:32 »
I didn't fit the roof myself, I paid ?550 for the mohair and in the inner hood to be fitted.

I'm not the best with a spanner, so if anything goes wrong with the car I take it to Dubvelopments in Hereford.

So whereabouts are you from? I'm from South Wales :smiley:

?550 for the hood, inner and labour is pretty good. :smiley: I'm not that great with a spanner either but the garage I take it to ripped my lining when they did some work so I'm looking at paying a bit towards the repairs myself and getting the lot replaced if you know what I mean. I'm up in sunny Leeds by the way. :smiley: Did dubvelopments buy the hood for you then ? If so do you know where they got it from ? I've seen the hood and lining for ?275 and ?175 respectively from autohoods.co.uk so your ?550 fitted is a bargain :smiley:
......now officially dubless.

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 January 2005, 08:24 »
i think i seen your cab at the margam park show last year?i'm sure it was yours?it's a cracker by the way. :smiley:
Yeah it was mine, cheers mate! I usually go down with club GTI. We'll be there again this year. I'll have to come and check out your cabbie  :wink:

Is yours a clipper or a GTI?

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 14 January 2005, 08:30 »
I didn't fit the roof myself, I paid ?550 for the mohair and in the inner hood to be fitted.

I'm not the best with a spanner, so if anything goes wrong with the car I take it to Dubvelopments in Hereford.

So whereabouts are you from? I'm from South Wales :smiley:

?550 for the hood, inner and labour is pretty good. :smiley: I'm not that great with a spanner either but the garage I take it to ripped my lining when they did some work so I'm looking at paying a bit towards the repairs myself and getting the lot replaced if you know what I mean. I'm up in sunny Leeds by the way. :smiley: Did dubvelopments buy the hood for you then ? If so do you know where they got it from ? I've seen the hood and lining for ?275 and ?175 respectively from autohoods.co.uk so your ?550 fitted is a bargain :smiley:
I had the hood fitted at a different garage in Caeloen. He did a really good job, but took him 2 week to do it. The name of the company is Leisure Trim. 

One of my mates had a new mohair roof fitted down in swansea and he only paid ?350 for hood and fitting! He didn't need a new inner hood though.

Jodie at Dubvelopments does every thing else though. He's cheap, quick and very reliable. I got ripped off by a few places before I met him. Whenever I've had a problem he's fixed it in a couple of days  :smiley: He mainly does 20VT and G60 conversion.

I've only been to Leeds a couple of times for V96 and V97.

Do you go to many shows then?

Offline Stu.750

• I live here
  • MMMMMMM Rust my favourite
« Reply #14 on: 14 January 2005, 09:19 »
Hey there mate , another south wales member , cool , tho im only addopted welsh , bin here 3 months now , not into the weather right now tho

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 14 January 2005, 10:48 »
Cool mate  :cool:  :smiley:

Where in south Wales are you from?

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 14 January 2005, 11:32 »
Quote from: Bronze MK1 Cab link=topic=16359.msg133000#msg133000

Do you go to many shows then?

Started going last year in June so did VW Action (both times), GTi festival & bugjam, went to vanfest too as I've also got a camper but that's a bit more of an old man relaxed affair :smiley:. There's a few go to most of them from here, good crack. Do you go to them ?

Dinky

« Reply #17 on: 14 January 2005, 12:40 »
Hey!
welcome to the forum matey!

Diane :kiss:

Offline Bronze MK1 Cab

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 14 January 2005, 14:49 »
Cheers for the warm welcome Diane  :kiss: :wink:

Yet another really nice cabbie on here!

Gibby - I went to these shows last year: -

Malvern Indoor show
Castle combe Golf day
Inters
BVF
Volksfest Wales
Ragley Hall

I enjoyed all of them to be honest. You would like BVF and Volksfest Wales as it's a mixture of air and water cooled  :wink:

Offline gibby

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 14 January 2005, 15:08 »
Decent mixture of shows there.  :smiley: Get yourself to this years VW action weekends, they really are quality  :smiley: