Author Topic: new member, hello.........  (Read 5881 times)

kniterider

Re:new member, hello.........
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2004, 16:57 »
ello kessa

your problem with the brakes is sounding to me like your front brak discs are warped? a new set of discs and pads will probably sort it!!, (unless your new to the mk4 golf which has ABS (anitlock brakes) which does when pressed extremely hard gives a on/off feel to the brakes to prevent skidding, the best way to tell is to brake gently at around 60-70 mph and if theses a slight pounding feel to brake pedal and maybe a slight 'wobble' ont he steering wheel then your discs are warped, so a bit of cash is required to sort this!! (not sure on prices off the top of my head but i think ?60 ish for discs and ?40 ish for pads from vw)

right as for you engine prob, (hard to explain if your not mechanically mided btu hear we go!!), 1st off you want your air filter checking (maybe dirty or inlet pipe clogged, (hence the up/down revs as engine trying to decide how much fuel is neede for the amount of air) if its dirty replace this 1st as its easy to do and not costly ?7 i think from vw, if the problem still persists then i think it maybe your MAF sensor on its way out (this sensense how much air is going into the engine and adjust fuel level accordingly) these are a comon fault on all of the mk4 range there about ?75 on an exchange basis form vw, i dont think theres alot more to think about with yours being the 2ltr 8v model until these have been checked/cleaned/changed, then if prob were still to persisit then we could think about other possilbe probs??

hope this helps a little??

Gaz 8)

Offline MK1_BOY

• Here all the time
  • Low Low bored out MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.
« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2004, 16:57 »

MK2's you mean :P

Na...  Too heavy man...  I thought you'd have a MK1 with all that waight Martz  ;) ;)
Race ya...

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #12 on: 23 June 2004, 17:01 »
Cheeky git! :P      I am not going to say anymore other than, my MK2 makes yours look poo. ;)

(Its nice really)

Dinky

« Reply #13 on: 23 June 2004, 17:03 »
Hiya Kessa!
Welcome to the forum!
Gaz nos his stuff,hes a gud lad! :-*-n hell tell u how to fix ur probs as simply as he can (i no this cos im a girly too n ive understood things wot he has said! ;))
Gud luck Hun! :)

Dinky  :-*

kniterider

« Reply #14 on: 23 June 2004, 17:04 »
gti89's mrs has a 2ltr 8v mk4 gti mega low miles and a right minter!, so i think this will be the 2nd one i know of on here!!!, blimey all that mk1/mk2 stuff has thrown her now!! shes gone!!!

Gaz 8)

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #15 on: 23 June 2004, 18:38 »
Hi Kessa, welcome to the site.
Plenty of friendly people here, and loads of good information to be sought if you get any more problems.
Sit around for a while and let the other members spend all your cash and restyle your motor for you! you'll soon have a souped up rocket to give the F&F boys a run for their money, and not a Burberry stripe in sight  ;D
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline kessa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 23 June 2004, 20:03 »
i started to write back but i pressed something and it all disappeared!!.....anyway.........kniterider, how cool are you!! you certainly know yr stuff dont ya!! lucky for me!! ill try what you suggested and see if that works! who needs vw main dealers when ive got you whizz kids about!!

tophuh.....other people have said it may be dodgy abs so ill get that checked out aswell......i do have a warranty, but its an AA warranty, not VW....so i dont know whether they'll cover it....ta very much for the info x

ill be back........... x x x

Offline kessa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 23 June 2004, 20:06 »
........what's an 'F&F boy'?????.........

kniterider

« Reply #18 on: 23 June 2004, 20:07 »
let us know how you get on kessa!!! oh yeah if your free on the 11th of july get your self to 'santapod' for the gti festival!!!

Gaz 8)

Offline kessa

• Not said much yet
« Reply #19 on: 23 June 2004, 20:10 »
ive spent many a happy weekend at santapod!!! not been ther since my clapped out beetle days.......