Author Topic: HIC (INSURANCE)  (Read 2105 times)

Offline john gwyn

• Not said much yet
HIC (INSURANCE)
« on: 22 June 2004, 17:10 »
WHAT A SHOWER OF SHI*E >:(  HAVE SPOKEN TO MANY OF  V.W.  PEOPLE AND HAVE THE SAME TO SAY  >:( THEY HAVE STOLEN NEARLY ?200  OFF  ME AND I HAVE NO CHANCE OF GETTING IT BACK  >:(      SO VENT YOUR FEELINGS HERE  AND GET THEM REMOVED FROM THE V.W SCENE

golfvr6

Re:HIC (INSURANCE)
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2004, 17:37 »
stole 200 quid?
how?

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2004, 17:37 »
doesnt sound like HIC to be honest mate.  :o there not usually slated like that.  how bout u explain a bit further.   ???

lots of insurance companies have nasty policies that means they can charge money from u for what are pathetic reasons but as consumers we just have to except.  cancelled policy, not giving all details are some examples  :-\

Offline Dream Police

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2004, 18:27 »
When my MkII driver was stolen and recovered a few years back I had so much trouble trying to get anything out of HIC that I ended up paying nearly ?600 out of my own pocket to get my car back on the road. They kept messing me around, saying they were gonna write the car off, then they werent, then they needed to inspect it, then they claimed I hadnt informed them about the alloy wheels so my excess was now ?500 instead of ?200. After 9 (Yes NINE) weeks of this I told them where to stick their claim.
If they were the last insurance company on earth I would drive without insurance. It amounts to the same thing
I voted for Pedro

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2004, 18:31 »
but in reply im sure we can all tell insurance horror stories. the industry is mad!  i was without a car for 9 months last year awaiting for churchill to pay out after my car was stolen and written off.  :-\   in fact its now 18 months since the theft/ crash and churchill still havent picked up the car!!   :(

show me a great insurance company that are perfect everytime and ill shut up  :-X
« Last Edit: 22 June 2004, 18:34 by vixteris »

Offline john gwyn

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2004, 21:54 »
JUST HOPE YOU DONT HAVE TO HAVE CLAIM !!   >:(                 OR  EVEN CHANGE  YOUR CAR !!I HAVE LOST 8 MONTHS COVER BECAUSE  OF THEM SO I HAVE TO GO AND SPEND ANOTHER ?200+ THE REASON WHY IS WHEN I CHANGED THE POLICY OVER FROM MY CAMPER TO THE BUG THEY FORGOT TO MENTION  I OWED ?31 COZ THIS HAS LAPSED MY POICY IS NOW WORTH sh!t   >:( >:(                                

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2004, 22:04 »
It is normally down to slack individuals within these companies that feck it up for us paying customers. My company has been prety good to me, fortunaly I have'nt had to claim. :-\

Fielder5757

« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2004, 23:17 »
CSI have been good to me, They insured the car under my mums name with me as a named driver, Let me install a full zorst system and custom carb for free, And have let me have over ?2000 worth of exteriour modifications, all coverd for no extra fee. Also they paid me ?380 when my sterio and snooper where stolen from outside my house and didnt penalise me for my clame.

At first they where a little hesitent, So i spoke directally to there salesman in my local area and they where brilliant, Loads of people keep telling me that ?1090 a year is too much to pay, But to be honest, Id rather pay ?200 more nad have great service than pay less and get sweet f**k all if i make a clame  ;)

Offline Overseer

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 23 June 2004, 17:26 »
i've heard a lot of bad things abuot HIC in the past too.
Used to have a '97 MK3 16v GTI 3dr in 'Black Magic'... now have a '55 Civic Type-S...

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
  • i can see into your soul and its not good
« Reply #9 on: 23 June 2004, 21:28 »
insurance companies = legalised extortion.
tis only when you make a claim you realise you were robbed.

SAY YOU LOVE SATIN?, NO SATAN, ITS SATAN