Author Topic: Wheel Alignment  (Read 1585 times)

Offline danhock

• I live here
Wheel Alignment
« on: 22 June 2004, 12:32 »
Has anyone had their golfs Aligned at one of these electronic aligmants centres?

I had it don on my 300zx and it made a huge difference to handling, but they were able adjust camber / castor etc. quite easily...

Is it as easy on a golf? Dont want to pay the extra money if the are only gonna do the toe setting!!

Dan
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re:Wheel Alignment
« Reply #1 on: 22 June 2004, 13:14 »
I had it done on the cab, and it made a huge difference, but as the tracking can only be adjusted on one side, you will need to re-centre the steering wheel by taking it off, other than this minor problem it was all done relatively quickly and handles fantastically now
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 June 2004, 13:18 »
cheers Adam...

Mine feels a bit loose at the back so hopefully this will sort it..

think its about ?60 to get it done.
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Blue MK2

« Reply #3 on: 22 June 2004, 13:35 »
this the cure for un-even tyre ware?? ^^

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 22 June 2004, 13:51 »
could be mk2..

Im not really getting uneven wear... its just feels a bit loose in certain situations.

You got problems?

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #5 on: 22 June 2004, 14:15 »
I got mine done electronically recently at a Chiltern Tyres place after I lowered my suspension. I think it was ?35 for tracking only, or ?60 for full tracking/camber/castor.  

I went for the ?60 job, but it turned out my camber was fine so they just charged me ?35 for sorting the tracking.  Got a full computerised printout of before and after.  Car handles a lot better now.
54-plate Golf 2.0 FSI GT.  Leather interior.

Offline danhock

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 June 2004, 14:20 »
think i'll go for everything too....

Just wasnt sure how adjustable things like castor were on the mk1 golf... i know some cars you cant.

Offline richy

• I live here
  • neeeeeeeowm
« Reply #7 on: 22 June 2004, 14:24 »
Not sure about older golfs, but I know you can't really do anything on rear wheels of a Mk4.  Can change camber on front tho'.
54-plate Golf 2.0 FSI GT.  Leather interior.

Fielder5757

« Reply #8 on: 22 June 2004, 14:49 »
did wonders for my MK2  ;D

golfvr6

« Reply #9 on: 22 June 2004, 18:33 »
Front camber and toe setting are adjustable.
Castor, rear camber are NON adjustable.
A 4 wheel alignment is a complete waste on time unless you have a 4 wheel drive vehicle.
The only way castor or rear camber can be out is if suspension is damaged or seriously worn, or if the chassis is bent.