Author Topic: going to strip it again.......... :(  (Read 2288 times)

kniterider

Re:going to strip it again.......... :(
« Reply #10 on: 23 June 2004, 15:57 »
will enquire as to how much for a new set?? (prob mega dosh!!) i have the 20 tappets from the AGU head which i never fitted, so i think they should be ok??if i could determine which cylinder the noise was coming from i could just swap them ones..... but its so hard to tell which one it is!!! i now think its on cylinder 3/4 thats got it, and possibly from the back of the head (exhaust tappet) i could do the task anytime i like but im worried about removing the vvt unit again and upsetting the timing of the inlet camshaft again!!that is what stumped me before!! as i marked the sprockets in relation to the chain and transfered from one head to the other but some how the tension/pressure on the vvt altered and effected the timing on the inlet cam hence the back fire in the inlet maniofld i was getting after the rebuild........

it only takes me about 45 mins to strip injection system etc and the rocker cover, then about another 45 mins to take up the tension on the cambelt tensioner to remove the belt then unbolt the cams, wil prob be next weekend when i set about it....

Gaz

Offline Martz

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re:going to strip it again.......... :(
« Reply #11 on: 23 June 2004, 16:02 »
Crikey Gaz, you'll be the in house GTi mechanic after you have done this. Keep going mate.