Author Topic: are all vw main dealers bad  (Read 3881 times)

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
  • i can see into your soul and its not good
are all vw main dealers bad
« on: 19 June 2004, 16:21 »
spent yesterday trying to get parts for a vw passat. spoke to my local main dealer in brighton they couldnt be bothered to answer the phone when they did they seemed not to care. last time i went there in person they pretended i was not there spent 10 minutes hanging aroung then someone said parts is closed and walked off before i could reply.
went to hayward heath vw was left sitting around for 45 minutes as they said they would look at car to see if a cable was fitted which they said was in stock over phone but when got there it was not in stock. after the 45 minutes of waiting we went to service and she looked surprised we had not got bored and buggered off which is what they seemed to want us to do anyway as we were not buying a car from them. both dealers were caffryns. both were snobby.
when i used to have a bmw 740 my main dealer would bend over backwards to help often persuing the problem when i had lost interest.
are all vw dealers uninterested if not does someone know a good one near brighton

SAY YOU LOVE SATIN?, NO SATAN, ITS SATAN

golfvr6

Re:are all vw main dealers bad
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2004, 16:25 »
Not all VW parts departments are crap.
Colbournes in Woking are brilliant.
Sadly too far for you to go  :(

Blue MK2

« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2004, 16:27 »
Bedfordshire ones are sh!t aswel.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2004, 16:37 »
parts dept. at ventura park VW in Tamworth are top notch, very helpful. Service dept. is an entirely different matter...  >:(

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2004, 16:40 »
not necessicerily (cant spell that) vr6 i will always travel a few miles for good service.

marcus123

« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2004, 16:57 »
spent yesterday trying to get parts for a vw passat. spoke to my local main dealer in brighton they couldnt be bothered to answer the phone when they did they seemed not to care. last time i went there in person they pretended i was not there spent 10 minutes hanging aroung then someone said parts is closed and walked off before i could reply.
went to hayward heath vw was left sitting around for 45 minutes as they said they would look at car to see if a cable was fitted which they said was in stock over phone but when got there it was not in stock. after the 45 minutes of waiting we went to service and she looked surprised we had not got bored and buggered off which is what they seemed to want us to do anyway as we were not buying a car from them. both dealers were caffryns. both were snobby.
when i used to have a bmw 740 my main dealer would bend over backwards to help often persuing the problem when i had lost interest.
are all vw dealers uninterested if not does someone know a good one near brighton

your a student and you had a bmw 740?

WTF ???

lucky lucky you :D

marcus123

« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2004, 16:59 »
my local dealers in nottingham are crap  >:(

technicians know f**k all about mk2s >:(

but i can get free valets there, so it aint all bad :D

VeeDubGTI16v

« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2004, 17:54 »
Not all VW parts departments are crap.
Colbournes in Woking are brilliant.
Sadly too far for you to go  :(

yeah the mateys behind the desk are enthusiasts and always sort you out. guildford and camberly vag are sh!tty. phoned up guildford to order some studs for the head and they said they werent available anymore, went into woking and they were ordered within 5 minutes ;D
« Last Edit: 20 June 2004, 18:36 by veedubgti16v »

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2004, 18:40 »
m777 bm had to go two months ago as we could not afford it anymore  :'( :'( :'( :'( 'twas a sad day.

golfvr6

« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2004, 23:52 »
If you are prepared to travel to Woking for parts, the number is 01483 722415.
Richard and Phil really know there stuff.