Author Topic: Nice...?  (Read 6718 times)

Offline JMallows

• I live here
Nice...?
« on: 19 June 2004, 12:35 »
You may know i'm looking for either an Audi, or a Passat. I am having no luck with the Passat as of yet (except for a Santana which the owner would be tempted to give away), so i look towards the Audi. I have found a few. Tell me what you think... I don't have any experience with these yet, do they seem a bit pricey, or is that cos they're rare?

Number One
Number Two
Number Three
« Last Edit: 19 June 2004, 12:40 by jmallows »

A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:Nice...?
« Reply #1 on: 19 June 2004, 13:38 »
All 3 of those links seem to bring up the same car :-\

The UR Quattro, very sought after, 4wd, turbo charged 2.2 five cylinder. Lovely car but as you say, bit pricey for its age. I always wanted one but when I finally came up with enough money to buy one I decided to get the newer shape galvanized one that you see below in my signature.

marcus123

Re:Nice...!
« Reply #2 on: 19 June 2004, 14:40 »
very nice mallows, :D

a real classic!

but your a student, how you gonna afford that? ???

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 June 2004, 19:18 »
So it does!! That is the nicest one though! The other two were a silver one, and a white one. 2.3 turbo, just over 4000. Does that seem like a reasonable price though, or will i get one cheaper?

Ok, VERY excited. Update on the Passat situation... Mum and dad say theres a 2 litre GL5 D reg in town for sale, which is like no 1 on my list, Audi being 2nd. I might have found the car i've been looking for!!! Don't know the price though, and will have to see about insurance, like mucas_cl says i'm only a student...

Rich, i do like the updated one, but feel its not half as good as its predecessor! Cheaper though!

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 19 June 2004, 19:23 »
Updated Links:

Number 1
Number 2
« Last Edit: 19 June 2004, 19:27 by jmallows »

Offline JMallows

• I live here
Re:Nice...!
« Reply #5 on: 19 June 2004, 19:25 »
very nice mallows, :D

a real classic!

but your a student, how you gonna afford that? ???

I'll think about that once i've bought it!!! There are students on here that GTi's, so i hope i can afford one of these!?

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 June 2004, 19:39 »
Two more:

Offline mikereynolds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 19 June 2004, 20:42 »
Yup there are indeed students on here with GTI's!! And i got my 16V when i was 20! I cant afford it but hell ive got it anyway!! Get very depressed when I see my credit card bill but then just go out for a blast in the Golf!!

Mike

Offline JMallows

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 June 2004, 21:17 »
Know what you mean!

Just did a quote for the GL5, turns out its ?820, about ?70 a month! Which is about ?20 a month more than whn i first got the car! Its cheaper than a GTi!! Sooooo excited now  :D

Gonna go and take it for a test drive on Monday, then see wha happens... Still a niggle that says no!! Really don't feel up to selling the Golf  :'(  :'(  ::)  :-[

Right, to the "older" residents of the forum. I want to know as much about these cars as possible, as there is very little information about these cars out there... Dad says it used to overheat when towing, and it wasn't as nice to drive as a Golf, but they were damn fast, and very underrated! All i remember about it was not being able to see over the bonnet!! And how cool it was! HELP tell me more, like common probs etc....

Thanking you

golfvr6

« Reply #9 on: 19 June 2004, 23:50 »
I don't think you will get insured on an Audi quattro turbo, that will be more than getting insured on a vr6!
As far as i know the GL5 has the 5 cylinder 2.2 10v Audi engine, about 140bhp i think.