Author Topic: Mk7.5 PP - High Beam Assist  (Read 1787 times)

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk7.5 PP - High Beam Assist
« Reply #10 on: 09 January 2024, 11:40 »
Thanks for the responses guys appreciate it.

Looks like the car doesnt have it, which is a shame and for the cost of the retrofit, I will carry on flicking  :grin:

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2024, 18:50 »
Thanks for the responses guys appreciate it.

Looks like the car doesnt have it, which is a shame and for the cost of the retrofit, I will carry on flicking  :grin:

Here, if it's good enough for 18 year olds on a Saturday  :wink:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Scottie-gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 17 January 2024, 16:30 »
My OBDeleven arrived today so I've had a look through all the apps to see what's what. High beam assist is on there for 100 credits (~£16), but it says "Vehicle must have Lane Assist" due to requiring a front assist camera. Lane Assist is also on OBDeleven for 100 credits, and "must have a multi-function camera installed" for this.

My car (MY18) also doesn't have either of these fitted from factory. Does anyone know how to check if these will work if activated in OBDeleven? Would rather not waste a few quid if I can help it...

Sorry to go off on a tangent slightly Nilz, but hopefully this might help you out too!

Off topic I know but does your OBDeleven tell you the temperature of the gearbox oil in the diagnostic mode without paying anything extra to find out? I want to change my vaq diff oil but needs to be drained at about 20c so need some diagnostic equipment , so I don’t know whether to buy one of these or not as it seems to be a jack of all trades tool?

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 17 January 2024, 17:15 »
My OBDeleven arrived today so I've had a look through all the apps to see what's what. High beam assist is on there for 100 credits (~£16), but it says "Vehicle must have Lane Assist" due to requiring a front assist camera. Lane Assist is also on OBDeleven for 100 credits, and "must have a multi-function camera installed" for this.

My car (MY18) also doesn't have either of these fitted from factory. Does anyone know how to check if these will work if activated in OBDeleven? Would rather not waste a few quid if I can help it...

Sorry to go off on a tangent slightly Nilz, but hopefully this might help you out too!

Off topic I know but does your OBDeleven tell you the temperature of the gearbox oil in the diagnostic mode without paying anything extra to find out? I want to change my vaq diff oil but needs to be drained at about 20c so need some diagnostic equipment , so I don’t know whether to buy one of these or not as it seems to be a jack of all trades tool?

I have the OBd11 Pro and I have previously used the gearbox oil temperature function.

Offline Scottie-gti

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 17 January 2024, 17:54 »

I have the OBd11 Pro and I have previously used the gearbox oil temperature function.
Brilliant thanks for that 👍🏻