Author Topic: Advice - Next Mods?  (Read 1217 times)

Offline gfmr89

• Not said much yet
Advice - Next Mods?
« on: 29 December 2023, 09:29 »
Hi All,

I’ve got a Mk7.5 GTI PP and so far I’ve changed the wheels to 18” Prets, added an Oettinger rear roof spoiler and replaced the back box with one from a TCR. I’ve been aiming for a sort of OEM+ theme.

I’m unsure what to modify next so I’m looking for some suggestions from you guys on next steps? :smiley:

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
Re: Advice - Next Mods?
« Reply #1 on: 29 December 2023, 09:50 »
More carbon/maxton bits? Splitter and side skirts etc? Lowering springs and spacers, stage 1 map, racing line r600 (not really sure if it’s worth the cost).

There’s a lot you can do with this platform I think, it all comes down to personal preference of course.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 29 December 2023, 12:27 »
Hi did the TCR back box make any difference to the exhaust note with your car been a Gti PP ?  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 31 December 2023, 15:58 by gixerste »
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline gfmr89

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 31 December 2023, 17:31 »
More carbon/maxton bits? Splitter and side skirts etc? Lowering springs and spacers, stage 1 map, racing line r600 (not really sure if it’s worth the cost).

There’s a lot you can do with this platform I think, it all comes down to personal preference of course.

Yeah, there’s certainly no shortage of options on what to do next! I guess lowering springs might be a good next step if ride comfort is OK.

A stage 1 map is very tempting but my car’s a manual so I’m a little hesitant to go that direction unless the map can account for that or I put money aside for a clutch upgrade.

Intake is a good shout too!

Hi did the TCR back box make any difference with it been a Gti PP ?  :smiley:

Yeah, it did and I’m pleased with the change in sound! I have my car in Individual mode with everything in Sport except for exhaust which is set to Eco to minimise the soundaktor and it sounds great when driving spiritedly and sensible when daily driving. However, if you want a big change I’d look into other options.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2023, 17:41 »
Depends on what you're after and how far you're prepared to go!

If going OEM+ probably the best route is Stage 1 map (and new clutch if manual) & Clubsport S suspension mods.

But I will say as Oryx3Dr and I were talking about on another thread, there is something nice about a relatively standard car, not having to fuss about insurance and declaring everything for example.

I can't remember exactly everything I've done on mine without looking at my insurance policy, but in short BBS CI-R's, Remus GPF Exhaust, black roof, TCR spoiler, R600 intake to name the big stuff. It's more sporty but in a more what the GTI should've been way, rather than a modified way.

Best advice I can offer is think about mods across a long time if doing OEM+.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline gixerste

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2023, 22:04 »

Hi did the TCR back box make any difference with it been a Gti PP ?  :smiley:

Yeah, it did and I’m pleased with the change in sound! I have my car in Individual mode with everything in Sport except for exhaust which is set to Eco to minimise the soundaktor and it sounds great when driving spiritedly and sensible when daily driving. However, if you want a big change I’d look into other options.
[/quote]
Cheers for the reply, sounds like the route for me to take later on  :smiley:
Indium grey D.S.G. Mk7.5GTI pp

Offline EB2019

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6 on: 01 January 2024, 16:34 »
Depends what you are interested in.

Looks.
Straight line speed.
Handling/other.

Not sure on the first 2 but for me, I would get Cup 2's or very aggressive summer tyres and CSS rear ARB to start with, would also go for CCS discs and pads (the pads are Ferodo DS but from VW). The front wishbones aren't any different but the rear bush in the front arm are I think, so you can either purchase the arms complete to get a more direct feel or just get the bushes. The bushes do need to be fitted in a specific direction.  (I always prefer handling over power gains)

This is my list from many years ago when I was on this forum with my first mk7, price rises have taken place so the prices are not accurate but would give you an idea of CSS parts compared to PP.

« Last Edit: 01 January 2024, 19:53 by EB2019 »

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 01 January 2024, 21:57 »
Pedalbox
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2024, 10:33 »
Pedalbox

Second this. Have TCR backbox and pedal box and love the set up.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+