Author Topic: Light Settings  (Read 1084 times)

Offline Samford

• Just got here
Light Settings
« on: 27 December 2023, 07:42 »
Hi All and hope you had a great Christmas.

Looking for some help re-setting some of the features we seem to have lost since finally getting my wife's 2019 GTD back from the dealer.  The car went in to have sill light and glovebox hinge/light hinge replaced along with a list of other things that we were told would be done before she purchased it.  Overall, an appalling and traumatic experience from a main dealer. 

Before going to the garage, the 'coming home lights' would come on automatically without any input which was perfect as we live in a rural area.  Looking around for a fix, I've seen that by flicking the light stork we can get this function to work however, she'd like it back to the original setting where it came on automatically.

When she got the car back all the settings were gone even down to the time and date, etc.  Really hoping someone can point us in the right direction for an easy fix, certainly not going back to that dealer!

Thanks so much in advance.

Cheers

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: Light Settings
« Reply #1 on: 27 December 2023, 11:31 »
From my understanding on the Mk7, The quick flick of the lighting stalk is the correct , from the factory, way of enabling coming home lamps.

To automate this you have to perform an adaptation change via VCDS, which will then enable them to come on automatically.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 27 December 2023, 14:56 »
Remember your lights must be on Auto to come on as soon as you open the door. Dealers turn everything off when the car is in the workshop so the battery doesn't drain so your lights may be still in the off position.

Offline Samford

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 28 December 2023, 11:01 »
Thanks for the feedback. 

Lights are on Auto and prior to it being at the dealer, no input with stalk, etc, were required as it just happened automatically.  I'm assuming that the battery may have been disconnected for the works as its odd that every setting has been lost. 

Is there a specific process to go through when the battery has been disconnected or replaced?

Would our local dealer (not the same one who did the work!) be able to reinstate these functions or is there a quick fix we could manage ourselves?

Thanks guys

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 28 December 2023, 11:37 »
It's a mk7.5 so you can actually change these settings through the radio. I'll grab the pathway for you when I get a chance.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 28 December 2023, 11:51 »
Menu > Vehicle > Settings > Light > Scroll Down to Light Settings.

Check the times on these, they could be set to zero.

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 28 December 2023, 21:01 »
Still pretty you have to do the stalk thing for the lights to stay on after you have locked the car and are walking to your front door.  Unlocking is different and the lights come on straight away.

I used to have them stay on without any input on my Mk5 but I forever had 'helpful' people shouting 'you've left your lights on!'

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 28 December 2023, 21:17 »
Coding/adaptation change automates the need to pull the light stalk.

9-Cent Electrics

Enter the unlock code under security 31347

Adaptation

Select Channel '(1)-Comfort illumination-Coming Home Verbaustatus'

Change value from manual to automatic.

'Do it'
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Nilz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8 on: 04 January 2024, 17:03 »
They need to be programmed in either with VCDS or using Carista / OBD11.

I have also had this in other cars, Seat Leon, Audis, but its odd that it needs to be programmed in on the Golf instead of having to flick the stork before leaving the car.