Author Topic: Apple CarPlay / Clubsport S - iOS Query  (Read 823 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Apple CarPlay / Clubsport S - iOS Query
« on: 08 December 2023, 15:51 »
Hi

I've got an iPhone 15 ProMax running 17.1.2 and now running off USB-C. CarPlay fails to integrate on the CSS or recognise my phone when connected via cable.

Not updated the infotainment system in ages as I typically bypass it to Waze but it doesn't appear to recognise an external device. When I updated the CSS to CarPlay, the dealer replaced the USB port (A). I'm running a Belkin USB-A > C cable. The same model of cable works fine in our 2019 TCR so the Belkin is data transfer capable.

Anyone else had the issue and solved it? I know there have been widespread complaints going back a few months across a range of marques but thought I'd ask if any MKVII owners had successfully fixed this before I go down the rabbit hole.

Thanks in advance

Alex
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline The_Doc

• Not said much yet
Re: Apple CarPlay / Clubsport S - iOS Query
« Reply #1 on: 08 December 2023, 18:22 »
Have you tried a restart of the system? Hold the power button until the be logo appears. It seems to help some connection issues.
Current - MK8 CS - Dolphin Grey, DCC, Black Estoril, Rear Camera, Sunroof, Winter Pack, Harmon Kardon

Previous and sorely missed - MK7.5 GTI Perf, Indium Grey, Brescias, Art Velours, Rear Camera

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: Apple CarPlay / Clubsport S - iOS Query
« Reply #2 on: 25 December 2023, 08:33 »

Thanks Doc, all working now. Weirdly, I went in braced to fix and it worked first time. I'll take the win!
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR