Author Topic: 034 dog bone lower insert opinion  (Read 2371 times)

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Re: 034 dog bone lower insert opinion
« Reply #10 on: 09 January 2021, 12:37 »
Thanks for the info.
I’ve removed the upper insert and left the lower insert.
Massive difference to nvh.
It’s so much better.

Hi Rob, just to add to this I have had the 034 lower mount in 4 years now with REVO stage 1. No issues here.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 09 January 2021, 14:08 »
Thanks for the info.
I’ve removed the upper insert and left the lower insert.
Massive difference to nvh.
It’s so much better.

Hi Rob, just to add to this I have had the 034 lower mount in 4 years now with REVO stage 1. No issues here.

Thanks. Appreciate that. Had a drive this morning as it’s sooo much better.
2014 gti pp dsg

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 10 January 2021, 11:26 »
I am running a 2016 car so version 2 of the insert, which looked less robust that the version 1 I had in my 2014 car.

I thought everything was fine too until I had to remove it, which proved to be a challenge. The insert was bent - see images below. I had no such issue with the version 1. Looking at your signature Rob you have a 2014 car so based on my experience you should be OK.

Excuse the gouge marks, they were inflicted by me with a pair of plumbing pliers trying to get the thing out, as the insert was nipping against the OEM mount due to the bends.

Once warmed I enjoy a spirited drive on some local B roads but no hard/times starts.

2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Rob_benton

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 10 January 2021, 17:26 »
I am running a 2016 car so version 2 of the insert, which looked less robust that the version 1 I had in my 2014 car.

I thought everything was fine too until I had to remove it, which proved to be a challenge. The insert was bent - see images below. I had no such issue with the version 1. Looking at your signature Rob you have a 2014 car so based on my experience you should be OK.

Excuse the gouge marks, they were inflicted by me with a pair of plumbing pliers trying to get the thing out, as the insert was nipping against the OEM mount due to the bends.

Once warmed I enjoy a spirited drive on some local B roads but no hard/times starts.

Wow. I’ve never seen the latest version bend like that. Version 1 yes.
I’ll keep an eye. Thanks
2014 gti pp dsg