Author Topic: My Build Week 36 - The Nightmare!  (Read 9309 times)

Offline Cats

• Not said much yet
Re: My Build Week 36 - The Nightmare!
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2013, 14:04 »
My car is still in build been like that for 4 weeks now. I have the dealership sales manager looking into but she can't find out the reason but expects it's a parts shortage. I've threatened to cancel but after waiting all this time it's not what I want to do.
Golf Mk7 GTi 5dr Manual, Carbon Grey, Performanc, ACC, Keyless, Winter Pack, Rear Camera , ordered 3rd May, in transit.

Offline Bill_the_Bear

• I live here
  • Yes! Wait a minute... No!
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2013, 14:09 »
she can't find out the reason but expects it's a parts shortage

I expect its a brain shortage. :whistle:

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 October 2013, 17:33 »
It's a painful wait but just hang in there, I am sure it will be worth it in the end for all of us still waiting.  I know It really is worse than waiting for Christmas, but I suppose we can look on the bright side at least our cars are not depreciating yet  :laugh:

Offline RikWebb

• Here all the time
  • Like tears in rain....
« Reply #23 on: 10 October 2013, 18:07 »
My car is still in build been like that for 4 weeks now. I have the dealership sales manager looking into but she can't find out the reason but expects it's a parts shortage. I've threatened to cancel but after waiting all this time it's not what I want to do.

Must be on the same line as mine - was BW of 22nd been building since the 29th .....

I had the usual crap of parts shortage, and shutdown for holidays when I phoned VW.
They assure me that they have only delayed me by 2 weeks, even though I was originally told max 16 weeks, and this week is week 21 - given that its still in build and will take approx. 4 weeks to deliver it seems that 9/10 weeks is only 2 to VW!

MK7.5 GTD DSG Isaac Blue 5Dr - 19" Santiago's / Nav Pro / Pano Roof / Keyless / Rear Camera / Mobile Wireless charger
Ordered 22/09/2017 - BW confirmed as 23/10/2017

Previous
MK7 GTD Ordered - May 16th 2013 - Tornado Red, Discover Pro Nav - Promised 16 week delivery - HA!
191 Days = 27 Weeks from order to delivery

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 11 October 2013, 12:18 »
Just an update guys. Things are moving at a Mo Farah type pace (compared to the build process anyway) now. My car is now built, the tracker changed to In Transit 2 days ago and delivery 4 weeks. As of this morning it's now showing 3 weeks, so I assume it's waiting on a ship to get to the UK, then a hop over the pond to NI.

Might even have it before the 7 month anniversary!  :lipsrsealed:
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 11 October 2013, 15:17 »
Just an update guys. Things are moving at a Mo Farah type pace (compared to the build process anyway) now. My car is now built, the tracker changed to In Transit 2 days ago and delivery 4 weeks. As of this morning it's now showing 3 weeks, so I assume it's waiting on a ship to get to the UK, then a hop over the pond to NI.

Might even have it before the 7 month anniversary!  :lipsrsealed:

Happy days Sam. It will move really quick at this stage. Don't forget our cards come from Emden to Grimsby, then onto a Woodside haulage transporter to Liverpool, then on a boat to Belfast. About 3 weeks tops I reckon.
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 12 October 2013, 09:14 »
Not to dampen any hope you have Sam.  I know my car takes a different route to yours to get to the dealership, (min is Emden to Sheerness to Exeter).  But it stayed at 3 weeks on the In Transit stage of the tracker for about 2 weeks+ before progressing to 10 days on the tracker.  If your's is saying 3 weeks then it is most likely sat at Emden docks waiting for a ship, not actually on a ship.  I hope I am wrong, but my faith in the accuracy of the tracker and VW info is failing fast. 

I have been told that mine is now in the UK and booked to go on a 'Eddie Stobart' Transporter early next week to be taken to the Dealership in Exeter.  I cannot wait, but will not believe anything 100% until I see the car in the flesh.  I was previously told that VW had 3 ships going from Emden to Sheerness last week and my car was on one of them.  This was not correct.  My car actually came in to Sheerness this week. 

My only advice is to keep on top of your Dealership asking for updates on progress.  It is the only way of finding any info at this point.  Hope you get your car soon Sam.  It is on the home straight now.

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #27 on: 14 October 2013, 15:11 »
Not to dampen any hope you have Sam.  I know my car takes a different route to yours to get to the dealership, (min is Emden to Sheerness to Exeter).  But it stayed at 3 weeks on the In Transit stage of the tracker for about 2 weeks+ before progressing to 10 days on the tracker.  If your's is saying 3 weeks then it is most likely sat at Emden docks waiting for a ship, not actually on a ship.  I hope I am wrong, but my faith in the accuracy of the tracker and VW info is failing fast. 

I have been told that mine is now in the UK and booked to go on a 'Eddie Stobart' Transporter early next week to be taken to the Dealership in Exeter.  I cannot wait, but will not believe anything 100% until I see the car in the flesh.  I was previously told that VW had 3 ships going from Emden to Sheerness last week and my car was on one of them.  This was not correct.  My car actually came in to Sheerness this week. 

My only advice is to keep on top of your Dealership asking for updates on progress.  It is the only way of finding any info at this point.  Hope you get your car soon Sam.  It is on the home straight now.

Well, that's right Brenbo and Valenni. You are correct Brenbo, it is still showing as 3 weeks to delivery. I thought it might have changed on Sunday night. VW UK said last week it would be in the UK in 10 days, but the girl who was dealing with my case is now on a weeks holiday. I suppose it's the home straight now. I've lasted over 6 months, so hopefully not much longer. :)
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline Valenni

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 14 October 2013, 16:47 »

Well, that's right Brenbo and Valenni. You are correct Brenbo, it is still showing as 3 weeks to delivery. I thought it might have changed on Sunday night. VW UK said last week it would be in the UK in 10 days, but the girl who was dealing with my case is now on a weeks holiday. I suppose it's the home straight now. I've lasted over 6 months, so hopefully not much longer. :)

I know the girl you are talking about and she is indeed off until next week. But even so, her being off or not will have no relevance to the delivery. Keep in mind that my tracker changed to 10 days on a Monday or Tuesday night. So it will still happen my friend!  :cool:
Proud owner of a Pure white Golf GTD  - Adaptive Chassis Control - Panoramic sunroof - Dynaudio sound pack.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 14 October 2013, 17:26 »
To keep you updated guys.  Once your car reaches the UK it can be fast tracked.  Mine has taken an absolute age to go through the ports.  But once it hit UK soil things have moved fairly quick.  Not as quick as some others on this forum, but quicker than I expected.  It is now the case that I am going in tomorrow sort out Pre-Delivery paper work.  My car is also delivered to the Dealer tomorrow, all going well I hope to see it.  Will try to get some pics if at all possible.  If I do I will post on here. 

I have already arranged for pick up on Saturday all going well.  So hopefully things go to plan and I do indeed pick up the car on Saturday.  Hope so as I have also waited well in to six months.  Ordered first week of books opening end of march so it has beena long ol' wait.

Hope you guys eventually get yours and they turn out to be all you hope them to be and more.