Author Topic: Anyone had a new Lump or re conditioned one put in their GTI  (Read 838 times)

Offline Tramp

• GTI forum regular
What where your experiences with it from cost to problems during the process and driving afterwards? :smiley:

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
hi mate had me 16v and gearbox rebuilt by tes engines everything seems fine although it has developed a hot start problem and is running too lean above 4000rpm

these problems are being sorted at mv developements

imo if your looking to renew your standard gti engine then you are really better off upgrading to a 16v engine

if you look at mv website or the phirm they do 16v conversion at reasonable prices

the prices you may pay for rebuilding your engine [unless you diy it] you may as well upgrade  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline kraM

• Here all the time
  • It's not the speed, it's the sudden stops...
I know it's not a 16v, but I have a 1.9TSR lump needing a home?
It's not the speed... it's the sudden stops...

Offline Tramp

• GTI forum regular
I have heard a few nightmare stories from tes engines.
I guess it's just a lottery.

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
yep heard them too but i'll guarentee that running in instructions were not followed

hence why mine is having the fueling problem sorted on a rolling road to rule out any lean running/ detonation issue
and as i'm taking car back to ireland it should give it a work out

plus the fellas at mv have already said they'd done a good job

also i run the engine in like you would a bike engine i.e every 500 miles increase rev limit by 1000rpm im now just over 1000miles so i only take it to 4000rpm with the odd short burst to 5000 but only in top gear so i'm hopeful it should be ok

i may be talking to soon only time will tell but i'll let you know  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health