Author Topic: LL's Mk3 1.8t Cab  (Read 441517 times)

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
Re: LL's Mk3 1.8t
« Reply #2830 on: 22 August 2012, 10:10 »
Careful, you ain't got there yet.

Get some Bilstein B6 struts and Eibach springs instead and I'll drive to Plymouth and shake you by the hand.

Coming to Germany next year then?  :grin:

True! And I'm not sure when I will!

Its funny you say that, we got an M3 Evo track car at work with that setup. One thing at a time, and I got to sort these splits out first.

Got the centre's back from the powdercoater, finally, and they look great! Only thing is they masked the top seal, but the bottom one. So I got one flange coated and one not coated. I'm a bit wiery about how the coated flange will seal :undecided:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2831 on: 22 August 2012, 10:15 »
Oh and here is a picture of the centers. I'm still doing things different!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #2832 on: 22 August 2012, 10:52 »
Interesting finish... look good though, could be a bit of dirt trap though.

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2833 on: 22 August 2012, 10:58 »

Well the dimples are black, kinda. Its hard to explain and the picture doesn't really show it that well. Its like an antique copper. Seen it a few years back, loved it and now I finally used it! Just hope I can sort out the bottom flange, don't wanna risk putting them together and them leaking, but don't wanna be taking the flange back to metal :sick:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #2834 on: 22 August 2012, 11:00 »

Well the dimples are black, kinda. Its hard to explain and the picture doesn't really show it that well. Its like an antique copper. Seen it a few years back, loved it and now I finally used it! Just hope I can sort out the bottom flange, don't wanna risk putting them together and them leaking, but don't wanna be taking the flange back to metal :sick:

I'm sure we'll get to see them better when done...  :cool:

Hmmm, dilemma....  :undecided:

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2835 on: 22 August 2012, 11:45 »

See what I mean. And the hub is painted. I dont wanna send them back because I don't wanna wait
again and risk the being messed up again, but its the way its going to be I think.

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #2836 on: 22 August 2012, 12:08 »
The wheel centres look awesome man! Best to send them back if you are not completely happy or have any doubts about them sealing correctly though :/

Offline LazyLunatic

• Forum addict
  • MK3 20VT Project
« Reply #2837 on: 22 August 2012, 12:41 »
The wheel centres look awesome man! Best to send them back if you are not completely happy or have any doubts about them sealing correctly though :/

I just need to bring the flange back to metal. Got a couple ideas. Then I'm just waiting on the dishes!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #2838 on: 22 August 2012, 12:56 »
Really like the colour.. will suit the car's colour well.   What are being done to the dishes?

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #2839 on: 22 August 2012, 13:20 »

I just need to bring the flange back to metal. Got a couple ideas. Then I'm just waiting on the dishes!

Ah, that's cool then :)