Author Topic: TDi  (Read 2712 times)

Offline SunnyP

• Not said much yet
TDi
« on: 17 December 2003, 16:24 »
This has probably been covered before, but a friend is thinking of buying a Golf Tdi (either the 110 or the 115). He wants a realistic figure of fuel consumption (since he travels about 130miles a day it's quite important to him  :)).

I get about 320 to 350 from a tank of ?40 in my 1.8T. What do people get from full tanks on the diesels?

Thanks. ;D

Offline gazzagtiT

• Here all the time
  • Houston, we hav a pic here!!
Re:TDi
« Reply #1 on: 17 December 2003, 20:46 »

Its all better now very shiny, but now the windows have gone again! and shocks are squeaking like mice!!aarrgghhh

kniterider

« Reply #2 on: 17 December 2003, 22:39 »
i think they get about 55-60mpg depending on how you drive, and seem to remember some diesel heads have got around 600-650 miles form a tank full!! now thats bloody good and there quick an all!! ;D

Offline red16v

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 17 December 2003, 22:51 »
Having just purchased a 150TDI I am happy to say that I seem to be getting 500miles on a tankful and even then it is only just reaching the 'red zone' on the gauge. This is driving on mixed motorway/rural roads/ and central London traffic. Regards, yt.

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
  • No golfs here. Only a C63 mercedes
« Reply #4 on: 18 December 2003, 08:37 »
That sounds about bang-on to me, my light came on this morning with 498 miles out of the tank.

I know I could squeeze at least another 50 miles out of the tank, but I never bother in case I end up at a non-Ultimate selling BP, or, *shock horror* a supermarket forecourt in dire need of fuel!

I will prob do 20 miles in central london, which will gobble the rest up, and fill it up with Ultimate at the BP tonight.

The greatest leveller of them all - the Carousel

Offline M6 VWW

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 18 December 2003, 19:47 »
How much difference does that Ultimate stuff make?

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 December 2003, 07:43 »
From what I can tell, it does make a positive difference to the car.

I have found that it is a little quieter, throttle response is up, and boost seems to ramp that little bit quicker.

It does also make the car slightly more economical (2-3mpg), even when giving it booty everywhere!

I don't pay for any of my fuel, so I would have it anyway on the basis that it should be the best stuff available.

Give it a whirl. You need to run a few tankfulls through to reap all the benefits, so I don't think its really worth it if you just top up your tank with it, or don't plan on using it all the time.

;D

Offline Terminator

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 19 December 2003, 16:33 »
I must being doing something wrong as I am only getting about 430 on a tankful from my PD150. Must be something to do with the way I drive?! (Hasta La Vista Diesel)!

GTi PD150, Revo'd, Hasta La Vista!

Offline S11EPS

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 19 December 2003, 16:37 »
I must being doing something wrong as I am only getting about 430 on a tankful from my PD150. Must be something to do with the way I drive?! (Hasta La Vista Diesel)!

Heh heh heh, you are not alone. I think the only reason I manage to achieve what I do is because I have to crawl home in traffic - If I were left to drive how nature intended (flat-out!) then I would probably visiting the pumps as often as you!!!!

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
  • 130PD Gti with Van aaken chip to 165 has now gone,
« Reply #9 on: 21 December 2003, 15:44 »
I would say on mixed driving i get about 450 from my PD130. I have got more when i have done a lot of motorway miles.  Although last night on the way back from southend i sat at 95 to 100 all the way home and i was only getting 38 mpg!!!!

End of the day, if you drive it like you stole it then expect 430 to a tank and if you drive it like Miss daisy then 600 is acheivable. I'm sure the other PD boys will agrea
Me old diesel was quick/........

16.004 sec Qtr mile @ 85mph 23/5/04 Santa Pod

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............