Author Topic: De-badging  (Read 1051 times)

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
De-badging
« on: 11 February 2005, 19:53 »
Hi, i own a 1982 gti. I have got a de-badged grill and would like to do the rear badges too. I would like to know if there are any holes behind the rear badges to line them up ( so body shop bill to smooth) or will it just be a case of pulling the things off and thats it? Thanks Rob
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
Re: De-badging
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2005, 14:32 »
There are holes behind the rear boot badges, I got mine filled and sprayed for about ?140.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2005, 18:38 »
cheers for that, not sure i can be bothered forking that out at this point! What front splitter is that on your cab? nice looking motor!
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline AdamB

• I live here
  • The Perfect Storm
« Reply #3 on: 14 February 2005, 16:38 »
Cheers. The bottom spoiler is a heavily re-enforced, and modified VR6 splitter. Because the car sits so low (2" off the deck) the splitter is held on with Zeus clips, so the whole thing can be removed in seconds.

Before I had the holes filled, I just replaced the mk1 badges with mk4 badges, as you can see in my sig pic.
I don't own this anymore - I just can't be arsed to change the picture

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 14 February 2005, 17:02 »
sweet, sounds like a cheaper option for the time being! rob