0 (0%)
MK IV
0 (0%)
MK V
8 (24.2%)
MK VI
11 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: What's you're favourite GTI ?  (Read 5329 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What's you're favourite GTI ?
« Reply #10 on: 23 July 2009, 16:41 »
Voted mk1, I'm old enough to remember how far ahead they were of the competition back then, plus they had the purest styling.
My head would have voted mk2 as they were the best engineered car by a long way. I seriously don't think there was a better built car in the price bracket for another 20 years!!! If they didn't get accident damaged or abused they just didn't rust. The interior was spartan but solid as hell and the big bumper cars just looked the cojones.

Aside from the mk6 which I'm thinking over, I've owned at least one example of each exluding the mk3 (where I had two VR6s but not GTIs as they just didn't cut the mustard) so can at least have a valid owners opinion. IMO  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 23 July 2009, 16:44 »
I know it not many votes so far but no surprise there aint any mk3 or 4 votes

Well this thread is in the mk6 section which is probably the least viewed, and realistically unless the thread was titled ''owners of mk6s, which is your favourite GTI?'' this should be in the General Chat section. If it was in there then all and sundry would be diving in with their Golf Plus magazine fuelled opinions which probably just relate to modified cars as that's all they know.
Again, in my very humble opinion!  :grin:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #12 on: 23 July 2009, 16:46 »
lol lets not forget this topic has been done 1457 times. All hell would break loose if this was posted in general chat.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #13 on: 23 July 2009, 18:01 »
lol lets not forget this topic has been done 1457 times. All hell would break loose if this was posted in general chat.

I put it here because most of the people around these parts are new to the forum, so although the topic may have been done ten million times, its the first time for most of us. Also, people can change their minds, through time someone might think, you know what, I actually think the mk5 is the best whereas last time I thought mk2 etc. And finally, there's not a 'clique' in this forum section or wannabe mods, so its far easier to talk about what we want.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Jam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 23 July 2009, 22:10 »
Have a MKII, waiting on a MKVI............................

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #15 on: 23 July 2009, 22:14 »
vvvvvvvvvv :cool:

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 23 July 2009, 22:17 »
Ooooooh, SHINY!  :laugh:

Rolfe.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #17 on: 23 July 2009, 23:06 »
Mark VI for me cos it's the only one I have ever almost owned.  I say this cos I will be picking mine up next week :grin: I considered purchasing a mark V edition 30 but when I started seeing ads for the mark VI gti my mind was made up.

Don't you think the mark II in the pic looks very dated.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 23 July 2009, 23:07 »
Dated, classic.... all depends on your perspective I suppose.

It's VERY shiny, though!

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #19 on: 23 July 2009, 23:17 »

back when i was young i recall my uncle had a Mk2 in red.  very nice car indeed.  the one in the pic looks great too.

however, i've never wanted to buy a golf until the MkV but when i saw the MkVI, I was swayed instantly!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!