Author Topic: Car Finally Ordered !!!  (Read 12291 times)

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
Re: Car Finally Ordered !!!
« Reply #50 on: 25 July 2009, 20:33 »
 :laugh:why are you all arguing over a tyre pressure indicator,you lot need to get your cars and quick.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 25 July 2009, 21:01 »
And any suggestions about how to facilitate that will be gratefully received, I'm sure.   :wink:

Rolfe.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #52 on: 25 July 2009, 22:38 »
Go to sleep and wake up in about 12 weeks :tongue:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #53 on: 26 July 2009, 00:28 »

Sounds a plan.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 26 July 2009, 11:38 »
The only time I had my flat tyre thingy start beeping at me was when my car decided that it had a deflating tyre whilst I was in the outside lane of a motorway overtaking a string of middle lane hoggers. I was on my way to the airport, four people in the car and a boot full of luggage, so naturally thought ''Goodness me, I've now got to quickly pull over and unload six tons of stuff out of the boot, get filthy dirty and try and remember how to use the widow maker jack, hang on a minute......the car is driving normally.....''
So having instantly slowed right down and carefully moved lanes ready to stop on the hard shoulder, I then decided to proceed carefully as the next junction was only a mile or so away. Once I got there I pulled over and had a good look at all of the tyres (I'd checked the pressures before I set off) and all appeared normal. So I re-set the tyre thingy and carefully drove around a while. Nothing.
What I reckon happened was that the sensors decided that my suitcases were a flat tyre and thus triggered a bogus alarm. Better safe than sorry I guess.

So the moral of the story is that the thing only costs £35 and it may or may not work. On the mk5 VW put the tyre thingy as a standard feature and the decent computer as a £50 extra. On the mk6 it's the other way round minus £15. Bloody daft and both may as well be standard features.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #55 on: 26 July 2009, 11:56 »

Sounds a plan.
Hopefully the swine flu will have passed over by then to :laugh:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 26 July 2009, 12:16 »

Sounds a plan.
Hopefully the swine flu will have passed over by then to :laugh:

Nah, it will have mated with bird flu by then and the entire population of Wolfsburg will be sick/dying so the factory orders will be on hold until next summer...........possibly  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #57 on: 26 July 2009, 12:19 »
Dont depress him any more, he is already getting hallucinations about his new car :grin:

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #58 on: 26 July 2009, 12:28 »
And I would echo others experience of the system in that it doesnt' work at all.  Didn't spot my slow puncture.  And yes, I did calibrate it properly.
That was what I was trying to say in my original post by saying it did not in our instant either by saying it did not spot our slow puncture over a weeks use. Maybe I should have expanded or explained it better and said it had a pallet nail in the tyre that I know were it came from and so it spent a week slowly deflating. Until the rotational speed was a large enough difference for it to notice and trigger. It also did not spot the second time this happened (yes i reset it). (maybe our lass just does not drive hard enough or is heavy enough to upset it lol). If anyone wants it so be it but real life experience 'v' theory (Im an engineer so know how both actually work  :wink:) has shown me its usefulness.

Anyway  i don't give a flying f... about it, each to there own,  i won't be bothering this time for my mk6 myself :tongue: But as someone so nicely put it i will be waste money on other options  :tongue: Like service pack, Xenons and 18s
On the mk5 VW put the tyre thingy as a standard feature and the decent computer as a £50 extra. On the mk6 it's the other way round minus £15. Bloody daft and both may as well be standard features.
It will have to be standard soon anyway due to new laws.

Anyway back to the original topic time now i think.
Have you made up your mind VWkev on your final spec?

« Last Edit: 26 July 2009, 12:49 by Snoopy »
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #59 on: 26 July 2009, 13:44 »
It will have to be standard soon anyway due to new laws.

Anyway back to the original topic time now i think.
Have you made up your mind VWkev on your final spec?

[/quote]

I think I will go for the sunroof  :smiley: This will be my final spec

Golf GTI - Manual (3dr, Candy White)
18" Monza Shadow Alloys
Full Leather
Bi-Xenon Lights
ACC
RCD510 + Dynaudio Speakers
Sunroof
Winter Pack
Luxury Pack
DAB Radio

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"