Author Topic: Car Finally Ordered !!!  (Read 12293 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Car Finally Ordered !!!
« Reply #10 on: 21 July 2009, 20:15 »
Stone the crows, at last.
I think I may eat my shoe now.

Just to add: Congrats!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #11 on: 21 July 2009, 20:40 »
Thanks guys  :smiley:

What did make me hesitate today was that I was offered a 'cheap' Audi, so I said, what like an s3 ? He said. Yep if thats what you wanted.

Said, thanks but my heart is set on the GTi.  :kiss:

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #12 on: 21 July 2009, 22:10 »
Got my GTI ordered finally !  :smiley:

Don't think its fair to leave exact prices as its not a 'normal' deal but what I will say it was cheaper than the internet prices (dealdrivers, broadspeed) so I'm well happy.

My Spec :

Golf GTI - Manual (3dr, Candy White)
18" Monza Shadow Alloys
Full Leather
Bi-Xenon Lights
ACC
RCD510 + Dynaudio Speakers
Winter Pack
Luxury Pack
DAB Radio

Don't have any details, yet, sorting out paperwork tomorrow, deposit made and regarding the delivery of the car, the garage I'm getting it from has managed to check its allocation and it will be making changes to a car they have waiting to come in, so that it matches my spec. So that should help speed up the delivery times.

Can sit back and relax a bit now.  :smiley:

Would so kill myself laughing if you actually created this thread as a ploy to get everyone on side and actually you haven't ordered one yet!  :grin:  :grin:

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 21 July 2009, 23:18 »
Got my GTI ordered finally !  :smiley:

Don't think its fair to leave exact prices as its not a 'normal' deal but what I will say it was cheaper than the internet prices (dealdrivers, broadspeed) so I'm well happy.

My Spec :

Golf GTI - Manual (3dr, Candy White)
18" Monza Shadow Alloys
Full Leather
Bi-Xenon Lights
ACC
RCD510 + Dynaudio Speakers
Winter Pack
Luxury Pack
DAB Radio

Don't have any details, yet, sorting out paperwork tomorrow, deposit made and regarding the delivery of the car, the garage I'm getting it from has managed to check its allocation and it will be making changes to a car they have waiting to come in, so that it matches my spec. So that should help speed up the delivery times.

Can sit back and relax a bit now.  :smiley:

Would so kill myself laughing if you actually created this thread as a ploy to get everyone on side and actually you haven't ordered one yet!  :grin:  :grin:

I know your saying this in Jest Neil, but have you actually read 99% of my posts ? I couldn't give a toss if people are on side or not.  :grin:

I will however take pic of my order from the dealer when i get it, just to keep the niggling doubters minds straight. then after I've been made to do that I'll jump to another forum.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 21 July 2009, 23:38 »
Do you think you'll get it quite soon if it's a pre-ordered one?  Mine doesn't even have a build week yet.  :sad:

Rolfe.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 21 July 2009, 23:47 »
Do you think you'll get it quite soon if it's a pre-ordered one?  Mine doesn't even have a build week yet.  :sad:

Rolfe.

When I was talking to them I did have a lengthly chat about the delivery times etc. I mentioned that I am hearing 12-14 weeks now, they did say yes but every dealer has an allocation of cars and should the dealer you buy from manage to track one of their allocated cars through their system thats not on order for someone else, they can actually then tweak that build to your spec which will then speed up the time it takes for you to get your car. Did they not discuss that with you Rolfe ? I'm gonna have to get the time confirmed tomorrow when I sort paperwork out, but I'm positive they mentioned 8 weeks.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 22 July 2009, 00:36 »
No, he just looked up what was already available, but although there was a 5-door DSG in the colour I wanted, it had none of the extras I wanted.  So he said, that'll have to be a factory build, how long is the MOT on your Peugeot?  When I said March, he said that's fine, it might actually be here by September.

The other dealer I talked to said 13 weeks irrespective of specification, so they're all singing much the same tune.  I think anything else on that is just luck.

Rolfe.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #17 on: 22 July 2009, 07:48 »
i echo kev's experience in that my dealer said if there is a car on the build list that hasn't been bought, it is possible to take that car and tweak to my spec.

sadly i don't think he's managed to find one :(

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 22 July 2009, 08:23 »
good stuff vwkev!! great spec too :cool:

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #19 on: 22 July 2009, 08:38 »
Rolfe - are you sure yours has been ordered?! I got an order form and build week on it pretty much straight away. Just got the receipt for my deposit through the post, small step I know, but heading in the right direction!

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!