Author Topic: anyone gone from mk 5 to mk 6 in here ?  (Read 3866 times)

Offline R32UK

• Forum addict
Re: anyone gone from mk 5 to mk 6 in here ?
« Reply #10 on: 22 July 2009, 08:27 »
Only anecdotal evidence, but there seems to be an increase in the number of quality MkVs on the trader for sale, ie nicely specced ones at sensible money (under 13k) that I would buy.

I guess the emergence of the MkVI is having an effect on the market. There must be a lag effect from announcement, launch, mag reviews, denial (from older model owners) before used car prices for the mk5 is affected.

I'm still v happy to be on the order list for a mk6 but saving over 10k is nagging me!

Its inevitable really. Mk5 prices will always drop when a new car is released, only it takes a while before there are enough for used ones to appear on the market. Mk5's are a great buy, but there prices havent reallybeen effected as yet.

Once more and more MK6's are seen on the road and appreciation for them grows they will become more desirable and the mk5 less so.

Offline keelaw

• I live here
  • It's here!
« Reply #11 on: 22 July 2009, 10:02 »

I guess I was not expecting this lag effect. Prob been exaggerated by the mk6 not being that that different to the mk5, so fewer mk5 owners trading in for the new model.

Mk6 Golf GTI 5dr, DBP, Monza Shadow, Xenons, ACC, RCD510, Park Assist, Camera, Lux pack.... and now bluetooth.... and now DSG!

Offline AndyC

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 26 July 2009, 15:21 »
I have made the plunge from a mk5 to mk6, best desicision i have made in a long time.

Can see the mk5 boys being disappointed with the r20t, VW will never let it be as good as an Audis S3.

I did consider a focus RS, but cause i liked the mk5 so much, i then didnt want to move away from VW.

« Last Edit: 26 July 2009, 15:54 by AndyC »
Previous:- Pearl Black Golf GTI MK5

Previous:-White Golf GTI MK6

Currently:-White Golf R