Author Topic: About to join the MK6 fold?  (Read 3167 times)

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
About to join the MK6 fold?
« on: 16 July 2009, 18:35 »
well i would be if they could find me the f**king car!!!  :grin:

Today i spent 4 hours at my local dealer as they desperately searched for a car for me. the only one they found was Arnold Clark Glasgow an by the time they rang them it was gone. Its not a difficult brief, GTI in White or Black, extras, not fussed, if its got them great, if not, its no worry.

So this is the question mk6 peeps, i know you've all done your research where i just wondered into the showroom an pointed at it, so have any of you been to or bought from a dealer with stock/due cars? as i need a car ASAP like latest a month.

Anywhere in the UK's fine as im always allover the country, let me know!

Cheers in advance

Jords
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline gossa

• I live here
Re: About to join the MK6 fold?
« Reply #1 on: 16 July 2009, 18:41 »
Got my car about a month ago, from ordering to delivery was 10 days from Germany.

My local dealer (Breeze poole) has a Black 5 dr in the showroom with leather, 18's etc. I think it's free stock buy they are tw@ts to deal with....

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 16 July 2009, 19:00 »
When I was at the dealer's I'm buying from, I was shown a screen listing five or six cars that were available more or less now.  I think that was limiting the search to 5-doors and DSG, too.

This was at Verve in Bogside.  Don't know what the database was that he was searching though.  Might have been all verve dealers, might have been the entire country, not a clue.  I don't remember if there was a black or a white one on the list, as I was looking for Blue Graphite (they had one of these, but without the extras I wanted).

Rolfe.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 16 July 2009, 20:02 »
Try a call.  I'm afraid they've just closed - they open till 8 o'clock, but you could try first thing in the morning.

Verve, at Bogside, near Wishaw, Lanarkshire.

01698 358221
01698 360177

The salesman I spoke to was Graeme Alexander, and he cut me a very good deal indeed.  Unless there's been an incredible run on these cars in the last week (I was there on 7th July), I'd be surprised if they couldn't find you something.

Rolfe.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #4 on: 16 July 2009, 20:25 »
There were 2 black ones with leather and dsg and 2 white with leather and dsg on e-bay earlier this week, have a look they were all with dealers in the south and you may be able to put together a deal>
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #5 on: 16 July 2009, 20:29 »
Why dont you try broadspeed ?

When you choose what your interested in, of course pick the GTI, then on the spec sheet select only NEW (Showroom Stock) and dont choose any extra's. They will give you a ring, then when you speak to them let them know that even if the car has a few extra's you'll still take it. Let them do the work for you.

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 16 July 2009, 20:33 »
the dealer i went to had a brand spanking new black gti 3 door with monzas and other spec to around 25k. unregistered. pm me if u want more details

Offline Tony D

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 16 July 2009, 20:37 »
Jords

I hate it when I hear stories like this as your local dealer has gotta to try a lot harder than that for ya!  

I spent no more than an hour yesterday ringing around 5-10 dealers and I can tell you now there is no shortage of stock out there, ready to be registered and put on the road.  There should be no reason why they can't find you a car!  

As an exmaple, I got offered a White, 3 dr, Manual, Winter Pack, RCD510 (without Dynaudio) and Monza Shadows for £22,500 - BTW,, list price on that is around £23.5k so they were also willing to do a fair discount.  Car is sitting in showroom and is unregistered and ready to go to a good home.

PM me if you want the dealers name.

T.
Current: 

Tesla Model 3 Performance

Past:

2015/15 Golf GTD
2009/09 Golf GT TDI
2008/08 Golf GTi Edition 30
2002/52 Golf GTi 25th Anniversary
1997/P Golf GTi 20th Anniversary

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 17 July 2009, 08:43 »
Sound thats 3 dealers to call an ive just been on broadspeed an autobytel and all that.

Totally forgot about those kind of places, been in the used car way to long!

Cheers guys
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 17 July 2009, 11:22 »
Let us know how you get on!  :smiley:

Rolfe.