Author Topic: Fiscon bluetooth vs VW BlueConnect vs Parrot  (Read 3688 times)

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
Fiscon bluetooth vs VW BlueConnect vs Parrot
« on: 14 July 2009, 14:36 »
Hi Guys,
Can't make up my mind on this one! :undecided:

The Fiscon will work like the vw telephone prep and is compatible to most current mobile phone on the market. Downside is it will invalidate my warranty! :angry: Will cost around £400 to get it fitted.http://www.primeprestige.com/oemretrofits/bluetooth.shtm

Fitting VW blueconnect will not invalidate my warranty but for £300 fitted, its very poor value for money when compare to Fiscon. It got limited function and I cannot use the Multifunction steering wheel for my phone!

The Parrot system is cheap (£210 fitted) but I hate wires sticking out in front of my Sat Nav!

Please help! :embarassed:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2009, 14:39 by herbie911 »

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
Re: Fiscon bluetooth vs VW BlueConnect vs Parrot
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2009, 15:12 »
I am getting the Fiscon system fitted by my dealer when they take delivery of it. They haven't mentioned anything about the warrenty being invalidated.

Can you get it fitted at a dealer?? Its about £340 to buy without fitting.

This definately seems to be the system to get!

Offline FroGTI

• I live here
  • Wheel nut
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2009, 16:40 »
The Parrot system is cheap (£210 fitted) but I hate wires sticking out in front of my Sat Nav!

My VW dealer fitted the Parrot CK3100 (basic model, but do you really need a colour screen..?) behind the ignition key on the dash below the instruments. It was literally invisible from the driving seat and the microphone was placed in the recess on the steering column, again almost invisible. I hate dangly wires, too, but honestly the Parrot system can be integrated very easily and works wonderfully: intuitive, perfect sound, etc.

Offline VWKev

• I live here
  • Please Support Non-Human Rights
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2009, 20:24 »
I am getting the Fiscon system fitted by my dealer when they take delivery of it. They haven't mentioned anything about the warrenty being invalidated.

Neil, what are you getting charged for fitting ?

GTI mk6, 3dr Manual (Yes Manual! If I wanted a Taxi I'd hail one, not spend £1500 on one), Candy White, Full Leather, Xenons, ACC, 18", RCD510 + Dynaudio, DAB Radio, Winter Pack, Luxury Pack, Fiscon Bluetooth Plus, Golf R LED's.

"Some say he drives a Shopping car, and that his car dent was actually a beauty spot....all we know is he's called Captain Failboat"

Offline herbie911

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 17 July 2009, 16:22 »
Thanks Guys!
I am planning to keep the car for 5 years. I think I am going for the Blueconnect so that no argument if any electric goes wrong in the future! Still not sure. Got another 8 weeks to do some research!
« Last Edit: 17 July 2009, 21:51 by herbie911 »

Offline neilgcal

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 27 July 2009, 15:16 »

Neil, what are you getting charged for fitting ?

£70 including vat which i think is a really good deal. If the folk i ordered it from do it they charge an extra GBP 150!!!