Author Topic: Scirrocco  (Read 5527 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: Scirrocco
« Reply #10 on: 14 July 2009, 21:32 »
Yes it is a golf gti forum.  However a lot of peeps were weighing up the option of purchasing the scirocco or the golf depending on what they wanted exactly from their car. 

I was just stating that I'd seen one and didn't like it, which is what a forum is all about - healthy discussion regarding this model or that model.  No criticism intended just an opinion.

I just love the GTI and am losing sleep knowing that mine will be here by the end of the month. :grin:
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 14 July 2009, 21:40 »
Yes it is a golf gti forum.  However a lot of peeps were weighing up the option of purchasing the scirocco or the golf depending on what they wanted exactly from their car. 

I was just stating that I'd seen one and didn't like it, which is what a forum is all about - healthy discussion regarding this model or that model.  No criticism intended just an opinion.

I just love the GTI and am losing sleep knowing that mine will be here by the end of the month. :grin:

I agree with your opinion and I know the feeling. Mine is here and am just waiting for the license numbers... Any day now... heart racing... heart palpating... cant sleep...

HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 14 July 2009, 21:43 »
Ohh you lucky you know!! post some pics once you've had  chance to drive the car and let us know how it feels.  I am so envious of you what spec and colour have you gone for? :drool:

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 14 July 2009, 22:02 »
United Grey
Manual 6 speed
5 doors
Executive package which includes multifunction steering and the RDS310 nav system
ACC
35% tint for the rear windows

No leather seats, sunroof, PDC, DSG and bi-xenon...
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 14 July 2009, 22:44 »
Sure you'll love it!! :grin:

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #15 on: 14 July 2009, 23:45 »
I think the Scirocco looks better lowered, but I do like them.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 15 July 2009, 08:50 »
Sold my MK5 Golf GTI in January to buy a Scirocco and by April I was back in a MK5 GTI (Ed30).  Didn't like it all. :sick:

Offline koop22

• Not said much yet
« Reply #17 on: 16 July 2009, 09:20 »
well in turns of looks, scirocco wins hands down in my opinion.

went to the dealer to finally sort it all out. they had exactly the spec i wanted in both cars gti and scirocco.

the first time i saw a gti was with xenons and without these, the car looks bog standard golf no real life into the detailing im afraid and the one they had was a black metallic 3 door with 18s - yet it stil looked boring. then the viper green scirocco was there and this looked so much more entertaining. i know i will get slated for saying this on this particular forum especially, but ive been a fan of both gti and roc for ages now. also the gti spec price compared to that of the roc which had leather and sunroof etc was ridiculous.

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 16 July 2009, 15:29 »
  :laugh: i`ve ordered 3dr gti mk6  pearl with monza shadows and my father in law has the viper green rocco,so i`ll soon see.I suppose its all down to personal taste at the end of the day, both nice cars .
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 16 July 2009, 17:48 »
It wouldn't do if we were all the same!

Personally I'm going for a Scirocco R over a GTI as I've had an Edition30, and theres not enough of a change to get me to buy a MK6 GTI... plus there was a considerable difference in power between my ED30 and the MK6 GTI I test drove.

Each to their own though
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.