Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 6686 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #20 on: 12 July 2009, 10:11 »

I am not a Dutch speaker so translation is not that accurate. I attached the Dutch version below in case someone can better translate it.

LOL, how did you manage to order the car if you no speaka da lingo? In fact how do you get by day to day, or are we missing something here?

Going back to that blue, it's very similar to the Speed Blue on SEATs and not far off some of the blues Audi use too and they definately don't charge 2k Euros for a spash of colour in their paint range. Looks a bit like Laser Blue from the early mk5 Golf too now I think about it.

United Grey is the same as Steel Grey for those that are in the least bit interested. My UK spec Steel Grey car has the same paint code as the Euro United Grey anyway (mk5).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #21 on: 12 July 2009, 10:33 »
Well, to answer that question, mate... The Dutch speaks fluent english and I work with international organisations and the diplomatic corp.. so most of the people speak english. Besides, a Dutch pork sausage looks similiar to pork sausage from Yorkshire... hmmm apples look the same here too... ha ha ha  :grin:
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 12 July 2009, 10:37 »
I do not understand why it would cost so much for a more unique colour? Perhaps if it were Euro1k, I might reconsider but over 2k, thats just a sin to pay money for. But in the end, it does not matter, the colour options are only for those buying from Germany. The rest of the continent, we will just have to live with the 10 or so options of colours...

HM

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 12 July 2009, 10:59 »
Well, to answer that question, mate... The Dutch speaks fluent english and I work with international organisations and the diplomatic corp.. so most of the people speak english. Besides, a Dutch pork sausage looks similiar to pork sausage from Yorkshire... hmmm apples look the same here too... ha ha ha  :grin:

:grin: Enough said! Always emabarasses me when I go abroad how well everyone speaks English except the Brits!!!

PS Any jobs going over there?  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 12 July 2009, 14:25 »
I do not understand why it would cost so much for a more unique colour? Perhaps if it were Euro1k, I might reconsider but over 2k, thats just a sin to pay money for. But in the end, it does not matter, the colour options are only for those buying from Germany. The rest of the continent, we will just have to live with the 10 or so options of colours...

HM

Ten or so options!  Sounds great!

Nine actually.

Two black
Three grey
One white
One red
Two dark blue

Not such an inspiring spectrum when you get down to it.

Rolfe.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 12 July 2009, 14:44 »
hi hi hi after seeing what colour choices the Germans have... I didnt count how many colours the rest of Europe did get... too sad...

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #26 on: 12 July 2009, 18:43 »
If i remember right by someone on another forum that was there said it was the scirocco blue iirc rising blue rather than deep blue pearl of the mk5 R32s but does not look it in photos.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • Geoff.
« Reply #27 on: 12 July 2009, 18:52 »
The Fire Spark metallic red of the show car at the resent VW show was nice imo too.

Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 12 July 2009, 18:57 »
I'm not really a red car person, but I like that.

Rolfe.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #29 on: 13 July 2009, 06:22 »
That Firespark is very classy. Similar to Chilli red VW did on Golfs a few years ago.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner