Author Topic: Am I missing something?  (Read 6684 times)

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
Re: Am I missing something?
« Reply #10 on: 11 July 2009, 19:56 »
 I really, really like the colour of the car at the Paris motor show.

Sigh.  :cry:

If it was good enough for one of the car's first public appearances, I can't see why it wasn't good enough for the customers.

Rolfe.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 11 July 2009, 20:03 »

Sorry for being ignorant, but what was the colour of the GTI at the PAris motor show? Was it the carbon steel or the united grey?

Thanks..

HM
GTI Mk6 United Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS310, Executive Package, ACC

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 11 July 2009, 20:40 »

Sorry for being ignorant, but what was the colour of the GTI at the PAris motor show? Was it the carbon steel or the united grey?

I'm copying here some of the post where I saw the pics, lovely shade of blue.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 11 July 2009, 21:26 »
Whooaa, I thought I had seen a darker grey version at the Paris Show in some forum. I have been spending the last 20 mins looking for those photos but to no avail. I love the blue here. How I wished I was staying in Germany. But paying an additional Euro2,2k for it, I would rather get the DSG and leather seats....

HM

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 11 July 2009, 21:41 »
No way on God's green earth would I pay 2,000 euros for a paint job.  Not even if it was gold plated.  I cannot see why anyone would pay these prices.

Rolfe.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 11 July 2009, 21:56 »
People who want to be seen in a different light? Like ladies who pay exorbitant amounts of money to look dashing and wondrous in one-off dresses when attending gala evenings or to be with the Queen? ha ha ha aaaauuuuooowwww

HM

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 11 July 2009, 22:25 »
That's quite funny 'cos I just finished a phone call with a friend who's going to a Buckingham Palace garden party and was telling me about her hat.  Pictures, I said, or it didn't happen.

The thing about the colours I saw (and indeed probably any colour at all that VW could dream up) is that they might be exclusive on the Golf GTi, but you can find the same or similar colours on your average Ford Ka.  2,000 euros for a paint job that will only be recognised as exclusive by a handful of in-the-know nerds is hardly worth it.

Rolfe.

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #17 on: 11 July 2009, 22:30 »
Wow I'm really loving that blue!! :grin: Why oh why can we not have that as one of our options? VW in their wisdom obviously think UK buyers are boring and want the dullest pallet available.  Mind you if they are charging the money everyone says us brits would tell them where to stick their colour pallets cos for too long we have danced the tune that Europe sets us.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Rolfe

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 11 July 2009, 22:33 »
Apparently there were three cars at Paris, a red one, a white one, and that blue one.  The blue one is the only one of the three colours not available here.

I would have had that blue, no question.  It's probably my favourite colour for a car.  VW are a bunch of party-poopers.

Rolfe.

Offline howlingmoon

• Here all the time
« Reply #19 on: 11 July 2009, 22:39 »
ha ha ha yeah... lol... I am a nerd...ok ok... but thats what makes the unique colours special... and attracts me to them...