Author Topic: Music to drive your mk7 to?  (Read 17753 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: Music to drive your mk7 to?
« Reply #20 on: 08 August 2013, 13:13 »
how old are you lot? I havent got any of that on my music list!! am i an old fart at 39  :laugh: :grin:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 08 August 2013, 13:17 »
how old are you lot? I havent got any of that on my music list!! am i an old fart at 39  :laugh: :grin:

That is soooo old!  I'm 37  :lipsrsealed:
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #22 on: 08 August 2013, 13:18 »
If you can get hold of some of their earlier stuff, its superb!

I'll probably buy their three studio albums first, "Tri-state", "Sirens of the Sea" and "Group Therapy", just sampling tracks at the moment on Amazon.

Hey mcMaddy, I'm 40 so an even older fart!  Never heard of most names there either, but I love getting introduced to new music/artists!
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 08 August 2013, 13:30 »
I have to say I'm very glad of this thread - shows I'm not the only one around this age that still listens to this type of music!!
Audi RS5 2018
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 08 August 2013, 13:33 »
If you can get hold of some of their earlier stuff, its superb!

I'll probably buy their three studio albums first, "Tri-state", "Sirens of the Sea" and "Group Therapy", just sampling tracks at the moment on Amazon.

Hey mcMaddy, I'm 40 so an even older fart!  Never heard of most names there either, but I love getting introduced to new music/artists!

Download a few episodes of the 'Group Therapy' Podcast from Above & Beyond - great listen and completely free! Always tend to have a guest remix as well etc.

Offline Gryzor

• I live here
  • Go white, or go home!
« Reply #25 on: 08 August 2013, 13:37 »
I have to say I'm very glad of this thread - shows I'm not the only one around this age that still listens to this type of music!!

Haha!  Only genres I'm not keen on are jazz, reggae, and country.  But, as ever it's not so black & white as you can get some good tracks in those genres too.  I constantly amaze my daughter with my knowledge of the music charts and the variety I listen to - I think she must expect me to be a miserable fuddy-duddy who only listens to what they grew up with! :grin:

I'll check out some of the Group Therapy podcasts too.
Pure White Mk7 GTI (5dr, Manual)

Options: Reverse Camera, Keyless, Adaptive Chasis, Climate Screen, Winter Pack, Discover Nav, Advanced Phone Prep

Offline Chief1337

• Here all the time
Re: Driving Music
« Reply #26 on: 08 August 2013, 13:37 »
Starting a topic which doesn't talk about Build Weeks, Order Trackers, Reversing Camera Delays or Otherwise Specification related!

What music will you be listening to in your new GTi/GTD (or other MK7 variant)?

Personally a big fan of Above & Beyond, so anything that they've had involvement in!

Nothing like keeping it vaguely connected to the mk7? :rolleyes: :grin:

Apologies, thanks for the title update. I've also edited the original post slightly. :-)

Offline pauliem

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 08 August 2013, 13:40 »
This is a really decent thread.  I've had my Scirocco for 4 years almost and loaded up the SD Card when I bought it and never removed it.  While the music I put on was decent I've listened to it all so many times I am absolutely fed up with every track.

I was just saying to my girlfriend the other day that I need some new music for the new car but I have no idea of what music I like at the moment.

Two favourite tracks on my iPhone at the moment are "Can you dig it" from the Iron Man 3 soundtrack and every track from the After hours album by Overwerk.  Espcially "Daybreak" as I listen to it while Skiing.  Will be driving the MK7 to Italy this Winter for some more fun on the slopes.

EDIT: If the MK7 arrives by the winter that is!

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 08 August 2013, 13:42 »
Can I also recommend Cream 2012 mixed by Above & Beyond - sometimes these compilation albums are a little cheesy but A&B are bang on and there's some massive tunes on there!
Audi RS5 2018

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 08 August 2013, 13:47 »
Audi RS5 2018