Author Topic: Bubbling on front left wheel arch - Mk3  (Read 1211 times)

Offline ichbintk

• Not said much yet
Bubbling on front left wheel arch - Mk3
« on: 09 June 2007, 16:43 »
I've got some rust bubbling away under the paint on my front left wheel arch. Its getting worse and paint is beginning to flake off. What would be the best way of fixing this? Repair the arch or buy a new one? Having said that, my car is a dark mauve colour that i dont see on many golfs (mainly vr6's) so finding the same colour arch may be a problem. Finally, if i did repair it myself can anyone tell me if the custom mixed paints from halfords give a good finish?
Cheers in advance, Tom

Offline ichbintk

• Not said much yet
Re: Bubbling on front left wheel arch - Mk3
« Reply #1 on: 13 June 2007, 19:51 »
Bump. I'm thinking of just sanding the panel down and priming then painting it myself but need to know if the halfords custom paint is any good. If not then where else does good custom paints?

Offline w_p_panels

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 15 June 2007, 22:31 »
Hi if you show us the exact part you want, presuming its the whole wing? we can supply one profesionaly painted in that colour for £70 delivered to your door, would you be interested?

thanks, Kev

(not spamming)

Offline ichbintk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 18 June 2007, 14:13 »
May be interested, although i'd like to find out how easy it would be to repair first, as that would not require changing any panels. I'll bear that in mind though.
Tom