Author Topic: spotted ....  (Read 205330 times)

Offline Kermit

• GTI forum regular
Re: spotted ....
« Reply #270 on: 25 September 2008, 21:59 »
spotted a grey gti, 2door, 07 plate, leather interior @Cantly house Hotel last nite.

Cool - that was mine.  Feel all special having been spotted  :cool:  Apologies for the tailpipes, I know they are a disgrace just not been around to polish them (and the rest of the car  :grin:)

What were you doing there?
2007 GTI, Steel Grey, DSG with Paddle, Leather, 18" Monza, Xenons, Lux and Winter Pack, iPod, Tints

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #271 on: 25 September 2008, 22:50 »
You really do seem to get about SteveP!!! Lets see if you can spot me this weekend... should be down and around your neck of the woods this weekend (Friday thru to Sunday) :cool:
You think Steve gets about. With the mileage I do, I see about 4-5 GTi's a day. But never seems to be any of you lot when I post them up..
Had a 57 plate CW GTi parked next to me at the Holiday Inn at Burton yesterday though.. :wink:

I am not far behind you with the milage Vtec, currently looking like 36K a year based on the last 4 months of ownership on the ED30.

I typically only post the ones I get a good enough look at or a photo of, Like you I typically see around 5 a day, today was a busy one with 3 R32's and 4 GTI's and 1 ED30  :smiley:
A high mileage man like myself then..  :wink:
What is it you do mate?

Candy White Ed30 3dr DSG, Nav, Bi-Xenons, Armrest, MFSW...

Offline SteveP

• I live here
« Reply #272 on: 26 September 2008, 10:42 »
A high mileage man like myself then..  :wink:
What is it you do mate?

I'm a IT Manager for a big London Retailer so commute to the big smoke 3-4 times a week and the rest of the time I travel to various meetings and  :nerd: conferences.

What about you?

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 26 September 2008, 17:37 »
Sales manager for a Engineering supplies company mate.. Work all over the place so will probably see each other at some point..  :wink:

Offline uz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #274 on: 26 September 2008, 18:22 »
Sales manager for a Engineering supplies company mate.. Work all over the place so will probably see each other at some point..  :wink:

I'm sure I've seen you before Vtec. On the A47 going towards the A1? I was going the other way in my CW GTI. It was ages ago, before you put your TDs on so you may not remember lol :smiley:

Offline Vtec Abuser

• I live here
« Reply #275 on: 26 September 2008, 18:33 »
Could well of been me mate.. Coming back from Peterboghorror at a guess.. Used that bit of road today funnily enough.  :smiley:

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
« Reply #276 on: 26 September 2008, 18:44 »
haha stealth, sounds like the same dude i encountered the other day - was it a young guy in a dark black gti?

It was dark at that time, so didn't see plus the car was dark (maybe dark blue, maybe black). There are disadvantages to a tinted rear window and anti-dazzle mirror.

Offline uz

• Not said much yet
« Reply #277 on: 26 September 2008, 22:39 »
Could well of been me mate.. Coming back from Peterboghorror at a guess.. Used that bit of road today funnily enough.  :smiley:

I normally work in Leicester on Tuesdays/Wednesdays and travel up M11/A1/A47 in the morning rather than M25/M1, much less traffic, and a lot nicer a drive!

Offline WobGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #278 on: 26 September 2008, 22:42 »
K...

Black GTI i came up behind on branksome wood road in bournemouth tonight (sat 26th)
R32 grey 57 plate on way past harrods coming out of London earlier?
Mk5 GTI | Full Leather | Winter Pack

http://www.symesmini.com
http://www.pinkmini.com

Offline tonyh

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #279 on: 27 September 2008, 13:34 »
o8 5 door and 55 3  door , both silver , in twickenham today