Author Topic: Urethane Suspension bush kit  (Read 846 times)

Offline oakgreengolf

• I live here
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
Urethane Suspension bush kit
« on: 05 July 2007, 20:54 »
Looking at getting a set of these for my car to improve the handling. What are the pro's and con's if any. Seen some on ebay for £52 which includes:

Front Wishbone Arm bushes - both sides
Rear Axle bush sleeves
Strut Bump Stops
Anti rollbar fitting bushes
Rear Shock Absorber Top Bush Set

Is this a good price + are they worth getting / are they easy to fit

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300125213473&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:middle:uk

Offline gjroe78

• I live here
  • http://shop.ebay.co.uk/mattroe2007/m.html
Re: Urethane Suspension bush kit
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2007, 13:48 »
I was gonna ask the same question till you beat me to it mate  :wink:
<br /><br />+ a 1.8T Bora Sport(R-Tech\'ed to 213bhp)

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2007, 14:03 »
they will tighten up the handling, money well spent simply for the front wishbone bushes alone

Offline oakgreengolf

• I live here
  • CAR FOR SALE PM FOR FURTHER INFO
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2007, 15:34 »
Can anyone tell me if theres alot of work required to fit them, stupid question but do you have to remove the suspension?? whats involved.. Its a second car so i have plenty of time in which too do it.

Offline Gambit

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 06 July 2007, 16:24 »
yeah there is a fair amount of work required to fit them, wishbones need to removed and bushes pressed in, rear beam needs to be dropped etc. its a tricky enough job

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2007, 14:45 »
Rear beam is time consuming. Personally I woulldn't bother doing the rear beam with poly bushes unless the originals are splitting. Even then I'd prob put oem's back in.

Debateable whether the arb poly bushes will make much difference. especially the inner ones, and again these are time consuming to do as the front subframe needs to be dropped.

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline mattp1983

• Not said much yet
  • Keep it VAG :)
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2007, 17:45 »
take it from someone who has just changed my subframe and also my wishbone bushes. Its a pig of a job, lol.
The rear bush on the front wishbone is hard to locate when they have been polyed, especially on axle stands. I would happily pay a garage to fit them after the tow we had, it required using a ratchet strap, such as the ones used to hold loads to trucks, to pull the wishbone arm in as even a bar wouldnt quite do it, lol.

Bet the steering rack ones are a real sh!t, you would need new bolts and nuts from VAG for the rack as well as they shear when you remove them, only a couple of quid though.

1989 Golf GTI 8v Tornado Red <br />2004 Bora Highline TDI 180bhp Shadow Blue