Author Topic: New Arrivals!!  (Read 1168114 times)

Offline sam67GTD

• Here all the time
Re: New Arrivals!!
« Reply #1440 on: 16 October 2013, 09:06 »
Fantastic looking GTI's gents. Happy motoring :)
VW Golf R 7.5 | 3 Door | DSG | Lapiz Blue | Black Pretorias | Dynaudio | DCC | Rear Reversing Camera | Black Mirror Caps

Offline CBRT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #1441 on: 16 October 2013, 10:05 »
Picking mine up tomorrow- just had the call!

Road trip this weekend to run it in!
2013 MK7 Golf GTI
1995 MK3 VR6 GTI Engineering
2003 M3 Coupe
2002 GSXR 750
1995 MK3 CL 1.6l (for sale)

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #1442 on: 16 October 2013, 10:35 »
All looking great guys  :cool:  Collected mine Today ,A big thanks to Crewe VW for a Superb Buying experience !!!!!   .
A couple of pics .

3 door with the 19"s is killer - good choice!

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1443 on: 16 October 2013, 12:50 »
I saw my GTI for first time yesterday.  It was still wrapped up in it's delivery packaging and padding.  Also covered in fine dust so could not see the Oryx White in it's full glory.  Needless to say the guys at the VW Dealer said it was drawing a lot of attention.  I tried to get a few pics, but nothing great.  It was parked up tight between other cars and covered in protective packaging.  Will try to get pics on pick up of car.  I have been told I can pick up the car on Saturday. 

Lucky I didn't spend too long trying to get pics etc, as my Bank decided to give me the merry run around.  I pay the transaction and we tell the bank we are doing so, it was an india call centre.  They say fine proceed with the transaction but they going to put a hold on all other transaction on the card.  I had also payed for Insurance the same day.  So I call the Fraud Dept to clear it.  They do the usual questions and ask if I have a Pin Sentry, I reply no I do not, to which they tell me then they are putting a hold on the entire card and transactions until i provide Photo evidence and address on a utility bill at a branch of the bank.  I had to time trial my way home over 40+ miles in much less than 45minutes to get to get my passport and get to the bank before it closed.  The Fraud Dept then did not believe the bank they were who say they were and it took over 20 minutes on the phone at the bank to eventually get the card unlocked. The bank are putting a complaint in about it and for me it was a bad end to what started out a pleasant experience purchasing my car. 

Will post pics after Saturday

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1444 on: 16 October 2013, 13:02 »
I saw my GTI for first time yesterday.  It was still wrapped up in it's delivery packaging and padding.  Also covered in fine dust so could not see the Oryx White in it's full glory.  Needless to say the guys at the VW Dealer said it was drawing a lot of attention.  I tried to get a few pics, but nothing great.  It was parked up tight between other cars and covered in protective packaging.  Will try to get pics on pick up of car.  I have been told I can pick up the car on Saturday. 

Lucky I didn't spend too long trying to get pics etc, as my Bank decided to give me the merry run around.  I pay the transaction and we tell the bank we are doing so, it was an india call centre.  They say fine proceed with the transaction but they going to put a hold on all other transaction on the card.  I had also payed for Insurance the same day.  So I call the Fraud Dept to clear it.  They do the usual questions and ask if I have a Pin Sentry, I reply no I do not, to which they tell me then they are putting a hold on the entire card and transactions until i provide Photo evidence and address on a utility bill at a branch of the bank.  I had to time trial my way home over 40+ miles in much less than 45minutes to get to get my passport and get to the bank before it closed.  The Fraud Dept then did not believe the bank they were who say they were and it took over 20 minutes on the phone at the bank to eventually get the card unlocked. The bank are putting a complaint in about it and for me it was a bad end to what started out a pleasant experience purchasing my car. 

Will post pics after Saturday

What bank are you with? Planning on paying for mine via debit card in a week or so
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
« Reply #1445 on: 16 October 2013, 13:19 »
Great looking cars guys!!!!! harryhackenbacker, loving the alloys  :shocked: . Was unsure of them at the start but ive grown to really like them

+1 and one of the best new GTI's I've seen to date on here. Dare I say looks better in the 3 door as well   :cool:

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1446 on: 16 October 2013, 13:19 »
Barclays Bank.  They are a nightmare when it comes to large transaction.  I bought a Laptop a few years ago.  The Verified by Visa decided it was not compatible with Internet Explorer online and so I ended up with 4x laptops when I eventually paid via Firefox.  I then had a lot of hassle with the india call centre for Fraud dept of Barclays trying to sort it.  I have also had numerous occasions where I have spent a few hundred more than usual and the instantly lock up my card.  If you are with Barclays I would suggest you ask them to clarify and make it clear you are going to spend the money, where and when.  I was told by my mother in law you will not get this hassle with a Bank Transfer.  So it may be easier to get a bank transfer if you can.  I am moving to Lloyds Bank soon My wife doesn't get half as much hassle and more interest on her accounts from Lloyds than I do at Barclays. 

Hope this helps and best wishes with your new car. 

Offline peterdoherty

• Here all the time
« Reply #1447 on: 16 October 2013, 13:33 »
Barclays Bank.  They are a nightmare when it comes to large transaction.  I bought a Laptop a few years ago.  The Verified by Visa decided it was not compatible with Internet Explorer online and so I ended up with 4x laptops when I eventually paid via Firefox.  I then had a lot of hassle with the india call centre for Fraud dept of Barclays trying to sort it.  I have also had numerous occasions where I have spent a few hundred more than usual and the instantly lock up my card.  If you are with Barclays I would suggest you ask them to clarify and make it clear you are going to spend the money, where and when.  I was told by my mother in law you will not get this hassle with a Bank Transfer.  So it may be easier to get a bank transfer if you can.  I am moving to Lloyds Bank soon My wife doesn't get half as much hassle and more interest on her accounts from Lloyds than I do at Barclays. 

Hope this helps and best wishes with your new car.

Cheers - I'm with Santander and have already mentioned to them about the large transaction - will remind them the day before!!!
Have a CC with Barclaycard and know what you mean about their fraud dept - sick of a phone call everytime I use it!!!
MKVII GTD DSG Carbon Grey 5DR, Dynaudio, Keyless Entry, Rear View Camera, Colour MFD, Park Assist, Winter Pack, Climate Screen, Advanced Phone Kit, High Beam Assist

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #1448 on: 16 October 2013, 14:53 »
Brenbo: I think the mistake you made was telling the Indian call centre you were going to make a big transaction and they then tell you they are going to restrict the card for all other transactions that day. Any one transaction they let through seems like it was always going to freeze your card up for anything else that required the card use.

My Barclays Debit card weighed over £10370 from my account on car pick-up day without a hitch. I had asked a cashier at my local branch if they need prior knowledge of such a large transaction and they said that if it is in the UK to a properly registered business and your pin is entered correctly then they would not hold it up in any way.

I find the Sentry device great. I was offered one to be sent when I visited the branch not long before car was getting paid for. I have it and it is great.

I also informed the cashier that I was going on holiday to Mexico and asked whether they needed to know my rough whereabouts for the 2 weeks I was away. Not a bother, they don’t automatically put a hold on your card for stuff like that.

Never ask the call centre to do anything for you – they are poor at their jobs and ill-informed about policy (they claimed that FPS was slower than nigh-on obsolete BACS and had a smaller transaction limit) In fact FPS is free, can transfer £25k in a day, whereas BACS charges you £25 and is slower, with a £10k daily limit on transfer. If you are stuck out of hours and it can wait until the next day, always just go into a branch to sort things.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #1449 on: 16 October 2013, 15:11 »
Monkey Hanger: I did the same as you when I transferred money to the Debit account to pay for the car.  I didn't tell the call centre I was to make the transaction until I was in VW and the dealer called Barclays to tell them they were putting the payment through.  I told the bank I was going to pay for a car with the money and do I need to clear anything before I did so to avoid the card being locked.  It was the call the centre that made an absolute hash of it. The problem I have with Barclays is probably more to do with my local branch.  The try to get me to do useless things like personalise my Debit Card with a picture, But not once have they offered me the Pin Sentry device or accounts with better interest. They also close too early open too late and do not open on a Saturday.  Welcome to Cornwall and the country way of doing things.

A little off topic I know.  The reason I want to go to another bank is to get better opening times, better interest on accounts and better service. 

Anyway back on topic, I am counting the days until Saturday. Will post pics once get it.