Author Topic: New MK7 PP owner  (Read 1015 times)

Offline smak85

• Not said much yet
New MK7 PP owner
« on: 08 October 2022, 09:10 »
Hi all hope you're all well. Thought I'd join and say hello.

Previous owner of a Candy White MK5 Gti and a MK6 GTD. But due to working from home 90% of the time felt right to move back to a petrol.

Have just bought a MK7 GTi PP in carbon steel grey. Have to say the mk7 platform is a bit alien to me so still getting used to it so apologies for any stupid questions in advance! (Mk5 and mk6 were very similar - so retrofitting things was no issue!)

First things on the list is getting a few maintenance bits done. Habe just had the thermostat and waterpump replaced and put two tyres on the rear as the current ones were running a little low. Car needs a DSG service so have booked in at leicester VW along with a major service and rear discs sorted as they have developed a bit of a squeek. Then will be on the hunt for some new alloys as the current Austins are a mess.

Anyway see pics below during its first wash (pardon the corroded wheels!)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: New MK7 PP owner
« Reply #1 on: 08 October 2022, 10:58 »
Looks nice, you will love it.
IMO the Carbon / Indium grey really suits the GTI - when clean makes the red trim really pop and it stays looking clean longer.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.