Author Topic: New member 1st GTI  (Read 2270 times)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
Re: New member 1st GTI
« Reply #10 on: 16 September 2022, 11:35 »
It is before particulate filters were fitted to the GTIs which reduced the emissions. Some say made them sound less well. Yours, I think is in around that time. The exhaust tips on the pre OPF tend to get a bit sooty quickly. Someone more knowledgable than me can probably tell you by the date when the changes occurred. If it was a DSG you would know by the sound changing gear but I don’t know how manuals sound, I haven’t had a manual GTI, sadly.

I ordered mine in June 2018, OPF/GPF was standard on the GTI at that point, no sooty exhaust. I had to wait 6 months for it due to the WLTP nonsense so it’s actually classed as a MY2019.
TornadoGTI - enjoy your car, it looks lovely👍
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline TornadoGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 16 September 2022, 16:12 »
Lovely! I added an Audi short shift to mine, gives a great mechanical feel to the lever, bargain at about £50 and easy to fit. Well worth considering.
Definitely food for thought, cheers.

Offline TornadoGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 16 September 2022, 16:18 »
It is before particulate filters were fitted to the GTIs which reduced the emissions. Some say made them sound less well. Yours, I think is in around that time. The exhaust tips on the pre OPF tend to get a bit sooty quickly. Someone more knowledgable than me can probably tell you by the date when the changes occurred. If it was a DSG you would know by the sound changing gear but I don’t know how manuals sound, I haven’t had a manual GTI, sadly.

I ordered mine in June 2018, OPF/GPF was standard on the GTI at that point, no sooty exhaust. I had to wait 6 months for it due to the WLTP nonsense so it’s actually classed as a MY2019.
TornadoGTI - enjoy your car, it looks lovely👍
Mines a bit earlier than that, March 18, so maybe is pre OPF.

Thanks, I’m loving it so far, can’t believe how quick it feels for 230bhp.  I had a Subaru STI some years ago and that was 300bhp, this doesn’t feel that far away, especially when flooring it when rolling in 2nd gear!

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 16 September 2022, 17:29 »
A very close friend has, in his time owned some amazing cars, Porsche 911’s, M3’s, RS4 and a Mitsubishi Evo, every time he gets in my GTI, he always comments ‘what more could you really want or need’, fantastic cars.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline TornadoGTI

• Just got here
« Reply #14 on: 16 September 2022, 20:26 »
I’ve read a lot of comments about them being the perfect all rounder, and I’m beginning to see why, it really does seem to do it all.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 16 September 2022, 21:31 »
They really do. My TCR with nearly 300bhp, did 46+mpg on a 280 mile round trip to see my mum when I took a load of stuff from her garage down the tip and she, at 82 with mobility issues, was able to get in and out without help. Yet it can go on a track day and perform well! (I don't though).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 16 September 2022, 22:56 »
I have to say the gear change is the best I’ve felt it’s a pleasure to use.

It really is. I’m surprised it’s not commented on more often because it is a beautifully slick gear change.

I had an issue with gear selection which required adjustment of gear linkages, but once done, it has been great.

As you say, a pleasure to use.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.